The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 1, 2008, 07:57 AM   #1
vito

Smart Carry holster

I recently received my Smart Carry holster and I finally think I have found the solution to concealed carry for those who hav a bit more of me around the middle than they would like to have, where an IWB holster just doesn't work, and other solutions that require you to keep your shirt outside of your pants, or wearing a jacket to hide a shoulder holster, etc. is not a viable solution. There are some places that do not allow concealed carry, such as the entire states of Illinois and Wisconsin, but if theoretically one decided to carry anyway, you would need to be extra careful not to give even the slightest appearance of carrying. I am amazed at how, wearing normal size jeans, this item sits right over your privates and is essentially invisible. While it takes two hands to draw the firearm, it is pretty easy and straightforward to do so. You might want to take a look at it.
Old March 1, 2008, 08:20 AM   #2
jimcorbin

I have been using mine for over a year without any problems or anyone noticing. I highly reccomend them.
Old March 1, 2008, 02:27 PM   #3
AK103K

I've been using one for a couple of years now. I'm actually on my second. I wear it 18 hours a day 365 days a year. Then again, I also wear my P229 IWB about the same.

I usually carry my Seecamp in the Smart Carry, although a P230 or 642 also works well, but the larger guns usually require different pants. I find the Seecamp to be the most comfortable for all the time wear.

One thing I have noticed is, you may have to reinforce your pants where the gun rubs them, as it will soon wear a hole in them at that point. I've been using a piece of iron on patch at the spot where it wears, with good results.
Old March 1, 2008, 06:34 PM   #4
Doyle

The small size works perfectly for my Polish P-64.