The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old March 1, 2007, 02:20 PM   #1
TRUEGRITT

What to do

I made a deal with a fellow poster to do some trading but when we met to do the trade he did not have all of the items he promised stating that he could not find it and would mail it to me. I have never received the item and I can get no reply from him. What do I do?
Old March 1, 2007, 02:30 PM   #2
rantingredneck

Chalk it up to experience and post details of the transaction in the feedback section so that the rest of us will know what we're dealing with if we have occasion to deal with him.

PCCA Member (What's PCCA you ask? <- Check the link)
Old March 1, 2007, 06:29 PM   #3
Stalking_wolf

What to do??

Do you have all the emails that you all did? If you did post them so we can see them. It would give us a better idea of what happened.
Old March 1, 2007, 08:05 PM   #4
TRUEGRITT

What to do

Unfortunately the deal was made over the phone. After My initial contact to see about his item he gave me his phone # and the rest of the deal was done over the phone. Live and learn I guess. The deal was supposed to include a shoulder holster that as I wrote before he said he could not find but was supposed to mail to me. Thanks for your help.
Old March 2, 2007, 12:01 PM   #5
1BadF350

Post his name.
Old March 2, 2007, 08:44 PM   #6
TRUEGRITT

What to do

rog45us
Old March 2, 2007, 08:49 PM   #7
rog45us

Orginal Email. for transaction

Might want to check the full message before you start being negative about things. We have extra emails detailing the full transaction. As you can see he was told $75.00 originally for holsters. He was also missing some parts from his trade but I let it go as no big deal.

----- Original Message -----
To: "TRUEGRITT"
Subject: Re: Kimber
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 18:24:55 -0600

TRUEGRITT,
Sorry but I have to have $850.00. I have a sholder holster and a belt holster that is leather that I would let go for $75.00.
If have anything lake a Ruger SP101 .357 mag with a 2 1/2 inch barrel I would take that in on the kimber. Thanks rog45us
Old March 2, 2007, 10:45 PM   #8
TRUEGRITT

What to do

The missing part was a screw on cap for one of the scope adjustments that was brought to my attention several days after the trade. I offered to take care of it but was told it was no big deal. I was given the belt holster with the deal and can post pictures of it if need be. I did not pay the $75 for the two holsters so why do I have half of them if they weren't part of the deal?

I am new to this forum and the deal I made with you was my first so what do I have to gain by letting people know that I was dealt with unfairly. If this was a straight up deal with no problems I would have said it went well. Again what do I have to gain other than the shoulder holster you owe me?
Old March 2, 2007, 11:02 PM   #9
rog45us

Bump

The reason why you have one of them is that I thought you would be honest enough to pay for them when it was clear that it was $75.00 for both holsters I was giving you the beneifit of a doubt with your honesty. Why should I have to give them for free when the first part of the deal was that they were for sale for $75.00. I have had dealing with other members and never had any problems. I have other accounts where I have a perfect rating. So grow up and be honest about the whole deal. This will be the last posting. It is not worth the games.
Just because someone doesn't get his way of getting free things and doesn't get it and now he wants to whine about it. So grow up and pay up if you want the other holster. I know that I am honest and I can live with myself. So now get a life!!
Old March 2, 2007, 11:09 PM   #10
Stalking_wolf

What to Do.

According to the email he posted he was upfront and honest about the price of the holster. Everything in life isn't free. Just give it up and either pay him or drop it. There is no need to try and slander a fellow person when he was very upfront about the cost of the holster.
Old March 2, 2007, 11:34 PM   #11
TRUEGRITT

What to do

I am going to post what I have up to the point of receiving a phone # asking me to call to work out a deal, after this I am done with it. If he is someone you want to do business with then by all means do but I am just letting people know how my deal went.

CC:
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 07:22:04 -0600

TRUEGRITT.
If you want you can gave me a call at <<number deleted>> and we can talk. Thanks, rog45us

To: rog45us
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 11:47 PM

The spotting scope is a Vanguard 15x45x60 Here is a link to one on Ebay that gives all of the details.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vanguard-Win-Spo...QQcmdZViewItem
Let me know what you are interested in and we will get something done. Got to get to bed so I will check e-mail again in the morning.

Thanks,
TRUEGRITT

Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 22:46:14 -0600

What type of spotting scope? I don't know about the pellet rifle I'll think about it. What can of dell? You know that I was asking $900.00 plus shipping If we want to do some tradeing lets start from here so mabe we both can make it work. Thanks rog45us

Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 10:26 PM

If you are a golfer I have a nice set of Titleist clubs. I also have a brand new spotting scope that I bought for the rifle that will never get used because there is no place around KC with more than a 100 yard range so that is why I am trying to sell or trade the sniper rifle. I have a 1200 FPS gamo Shadow Sport Pellet rifle with scope that is absolutely like new, I paid over $200 for it. E-mail if you want more info.

TRUEGRITT

Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 21:37:26 -0600

TRUEGRITT,
I gave a little over a $1000.00 when I bought it, and like you my wife don't want me sell it for less than $850.00 that why I ask you if you had anything else to trade in. Sorry I did not get back to you but for some reason the email went to my Spam file. Thanks rog45us

Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 6:35 PM

Thanks for the reply and I don't want to beat you up but you do not know what I had to go through to get the wife to let me spend $800. She did not want me to spend more than $500 to start so I am afraid that I can't buy it. Please let me know if you have a change of heart or can't get it sold.

Thaks so much for your time

TRUEGRITT

TRUEGRITT,
Sorry but I have to have $850.00. I have a sholder holster and a belt holster that is leather that I would let go for $75.00.
If have anything lake a Ruger SP101 .357 mag with a 2 1/2 inch barrel I would take that in on the kimber. Thanks rog45us

Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 7:29 AM
Subject: Kimber

$800.00 is all my wife will let me spend. I am headed off to work and wont be able to reply again until tonight after 5:30. Let me know if this is a deal and we can make plans to meet somewhere in the middle.
Old March 2, 2007, 11:44 PM   #12
Stalking_wolf

What to do.

I am just curious to how many initial contacts you need? It seems that there was a lot of emails for the first initial contacts.
Old March 4, 2007, 09:59 AM   #13
TRUEGRITT

What to do

HMMMMM...Stalking Wolf's join date is the same day I posted this thread and is from Missouri. Is that you Roger? I think so, or why would a brand new member make their first post regarding a bad deal from you?

Don't forget Roger, I have witnesses that were there when we traded.
Old March 4, 2007, 11:13 AM   #14
rog45us

Holster you didn't pay for!!!!!

FOR ONE THING I AM NOT STAKING WOLF, MABE SOMEONE SEEN YOU FOR WHAT YOU ARE. LIKE THE EMAIL BELOW SHOWS IF YOU READ ITS HAS IT ALL IN THE MESSAGE ( IF YOU WANTED THE HOLSTER THEN IT WOULD BE $75.00 MORE) SO IF YOU WANT THE HOLSTER THEN PAY THE $75.00 AND YOU CAN HAVE THE HOLSTER, THEN MABE YOU CAN GET A (LIFE)!! I MADE OTHER DEALS WITH OTHER MEMBERS AND HAD (NO PROLBEMS). SO QUIT WASTING MY TIME!!! (READ ALL THE MESSAGE BELOW)

---- Original Message -----

Jack,
If have anything lake a Ruger SP101 .357 mag with a 2 1/2 inch barrel I would take that in on the kimber. Thanks Roger
Old March 4, 2007, 11:57 AM   #15
TRUEGRITT

What to do

If anyone is thinking of doing business with this guy DO NOT make a deal over the phone. I have had to learn the hard way that everything has to be verifiable so make sure the whole deal is spelled out in your e-mails. This being my first internet deal I trusted the word of a man over the phone and then again when we met to make the trade that I would get everything I was supposed to and got burned.
Old March 4, 2007, 12:19 PM   #16
rog45us

Does Not Pay

JACK:
You Get The Thing You Pay For, If You Do Not Pay You Do Not Get Them!! You Started This Whole Thread With A Lie! That I Gave You My Phone Noumber After The First Contact Witch Is A Lie! We Had Alot More Contact!! If Anyone Want Some Names Of Other People That I Have Delt With They Can Pm Me And I Would Be Happy Too.
Jack You Prove With The Emails You Put In This Thread That You Were Told About The Price Of The Holster. And Then You Just Keep On Lieing To Your Self And Other. (like I Said Anyone Wants To Know The Othe People I Have Delt With Just Pm Or Email Me For The Names) Because This Wasting My Time Wih Someone Who Lies And Wants Things Gavin To Them (Without) Paying For Them.

Last edited by rog45us; March 4, 2007 at 01:12 PM.
Old March 4, 2007, 01:41 PM   #17
TRUEGRITT

What to do

Explain why I have the belt holster then. The way you are putting it infers that I owe you money and if that was the case wouldn't it be you posting against me because I did not fulfill my part of the bargain.

You act like an e-mail was the end of the deal, it wasn't, and we did talk on the phone. As proof your number was listed in an e-mail to me that is in post 11. I also have two witnesses that were there Roger, are you going to deny that? They know what you said about not being able to find it and asking me to e-mail my address so you could mail the shoulder holster to me.

In post #7 you claim to have e-mails detailing the full transaction, show everyone the e-mail that says the two holsters were not part of the deal and show the e-mail that states I was trading you both a spotting scope and a air rifle. Show the e-mail that states the amount of money that was part of the deal. If you cannot then I guess you have shown what you are.

You called me a liar because you do not know the definition of initial, if I had an initial interview with a potential employer it could take a whole day and cover lots of ground. When I said initial I meant up to the phone call which by definition is the initial contact. I also do not want anything "gavin" to me I just want what you owe me and to let everyone know how my deal went down.

By the way, do you know anything about a broken car window? I did give you my address!

Again, BUYER BEWARE!!

Last edited by TRUEGRITT; March 4, 2007 at 04:07 PM.
Old March 4, 2007, 04:38 PM   #18
rog45us

Holster you didn't pay for!!!!!

As For As The Belt Holster Is It Worth Just Letting You Keep It I Would As Soon Lose $10.00 To $15.00 Than Have To Deal With The Likes Of You. As For As Your Window I Would Not Drive 3-4 Hours And Spend $75.00 To A $100.00 In Gas To Act Childish As You Do. Personally I Feel As If You Are Just Making Up More Lies So People Will Feel Sorry For You. As For As Your Car Window Maybe You Showed Your True Color And Made Someone Who Lives In Your Home Town Mad At You For Acting Like A Child, Or Maybe You Not Acting!!!!!!!! I Tell You What I Will Not Deal With You Again,
And You Do Not Deal With Me. It's Not Worth The Trouble!!!!!!!!!
Old March 4, 2007, 05:58 PM   #19
TRUEGRITT

What to do

I think you forgot something,

In post #7 you claim to have e-mails detailing the full transaction, show everyone the e-mail that says the two holsters were not part of the deal and show the e-mail that states I was trading you both a spotting scope and a air rifle. Show the e-mail that states the amount of money that was part of the deal. If you cannot then I guess you have shown what you are.

Where are these e-mails? If you have them post them. I know you don't because this was all done over the phone like I said.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!

I have lived here for 17 years and never had any broken glass until I dealt with you. I have taken care of that problem though with a camera. The not dealing with you part goes without posting, and what happened to Stalking wolf?
Old March 4, 2007, 06:20 PM   #20
Stalking_wolf

What to Do?

Ok first of all I am not the other guy like you think. I am just putting in my input because it seems like someone who was getting slammed for something that wasn't their fault. The email said everything. It just seems that someone who doesn't get their way always seems to whine when they don't get something for free. I work almost seven days a week. I don't have a lot of time to spend on here listening to you whine about something that clearly according to everything that you have posted IS YOUR FAULT for not reading exactly what is there. SOMEONE CALL THE WHAMMMBULANCE.

Geesh Shut up and get over it.

Last edited by Stalking_wolf; March 4, 2007 at 06:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Old March 4, 2007, 06:24 PM   #21
rog45us

Does Not Pay

WHERE ARE THE EMAILS SAYING THAT THE HOLSTERS CAME WITH THE DEAL? YOU DON'T HAVE ONE BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T COME WITH THE DEAL.THE EMAIL SHOWS THEY DID NOT COME WITH THE DEAL ,BUT YOU HAD TO PAY $75.00 FOR THEM. SINCE YOU PUT UP THE CAMERA YOU WILL FIND OUT WHO YOU DID WRONG WHERE YOU LIVE. SEEMS LIKE I AIN'T THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS HAD ISSUES WITH YOU. SO LIKE I SAID BEFORE JUST GET A LIFE!!
Old March 4, 2007, 06:27 PM   #22
TRUEGRITT

HMMMM...you and roger's green lights are on at the same time. How do you listen to a post?
Old March 4, 2007, 06:31 PM   #23
TRUEGRITT

What to do

You said you had the full details, where are they Roger, I mean Stalking wolf, I mean Roger. Post them if you have them, if not, you must be lying. You both even started putting words in red togeather.
Old March 4, 2007, 06:37 PM   #24
Stalking_wolf

What to Do?

Heck you can't even read an Email about a transaction, but god help anyone if you don't get your way.

I Guess Hooked On Phonics Didn't work for you!!!!!
Old March 4, 2007, 06:37 PM   #25
JohnKSa
Staff

If either of you has some additional (as in NEW) EVIDENCE to post then do so now.

If just you want to continue bickering, take it to PM, email or phone.