The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 8, 2002, 07:17 PM   #1
schild

M1S90 withor without pistolgrip?

I keep thinking I should get a non-pistolgrip stock for my postban M1S90 so I can put on the mag extension. Is a PG stock faster handling than a straight stock?
Old September 8, 2002, 07:40 PM   #2
Duke of Lawnchair

schild,

That's about as personal as personal questions can get. Personally, I shoulder the PG M1s90 a little bit better than the straight stock. A while back I purchased a straight stock, and although comfortable and easy to manipulate, I just preferred the PG over the straight.

A lot of folks on this board love the straight stocks whether it be on an 870, 1300, 590 or M1s90.

Try them both, and decide from there.

Sorry, that is probably as generic an answer as you'll ever get.

Jim
Old September 9, 2002, 04:46 AM   #3
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

It's a personal choice, but more folks who are good "Serious" shotgunners use the standard stock.

I see no great advantage to the PG equipped stock, but little downside. On a Mossie, they make working the safety harder.
Old September 9, 2002, 11:39 AM   #4
SA Scott

schild:

I have both for a post-ban M1S90. Gun came with pistol grip, and I bought a straight stock used from a member here.

My take on utility: If I'm going to "shoot" (a lot of rounds pounding my shoulder), I prefer the PG because I think it helps absorb recoil better. For "handling" (shouldering, reloading, movement, etc.) the straight stock wins. It seems faster and balances better FOR ME. Since I have the gun for defense, which is inherently unpredictable, as we speak it is wearing the straight stock (and the +2 extension.

SA Scott
Old September 9, 2002, 11:55 AM   #5
hksigwalther

I prefer the pistolgrip stock as it is a little more comfortable for me to the S90s. (Comparing pre-bans (PG) with a Practical (straight).)

However, IMO firepower overrules.