The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old October 28, 2005, 08:31 AM   #1
coulter6

Beware - preferredcustoms

I ordered one of the pistol grip stocks from preferredcustoms. Communications were great when we were discussing the purchase. When I received it, I had some small issues with it and tried to contact preferredcustoms to discuss how we come make it better. This is where the communications started to break down; I provided my phone number so he could call and discuss the issues - he never called.

To make a long story short - after trying to reach preferredcustoms over a few weeks, I gave up and sent the stock back and requested a refund. He received the stock on 8 Jun 05 (FEDEX #524329621327637). Since then, I've sent him many, many e-mails and PMs from various sites he frequents and had received no responses until last week (about 4 months later). He sent 2 emails, but they were both vulgar tirades.

So, he has the stock back and my $150; it’s been 5 months and still no refund.

I would recommend that no one do any business with preferredcustoms. It’s all good if you like his product, but it’s all bad if you want a refund.

Beware!
Old October 28, 2005, 06:40 PM   #2
IZinterrogator

Where was this? E-bay, Gunbroker, GunsAmerica?
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams
Old October 28, 2005, 07:12 PM   #3
coulter6

I really don't remember exactly which site it was that I first contacted him through; he had them listed on this forum, as well as a few other sites. Thefiringline.com may be the site where I first contacted him. He's been banned from a few of the other M14 related sites where he had the stocks originally listed. He was selling on Auctionarms.com, but I see his account there has been disabled. I believe he's selling some items on Ebay now.