The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 15, 2019, 04:58 PM   #1
Prof Young

Shot a sig p365 today.

My range has added a Sig P365 to the rental wall so I thought I should give it a try. Put 50 rounds through it. The magazine was STIFF. I had a seriously hard time loading it. The gun is nearly new so I'm thinking the magazine needs to be broken in a bit.

I ran the P365 along side my regular carry which is a Ruger SR9C. I could not shoot the Sig as well as I shoot the Ruger, but then I've practiced with the Ruger. At seven yards I could get 4-6 inch groups out of the sig, which is about the same as my Ruger, but the Ruger groups were center target and the Sig groups were low and left. The Sig is seriously smaller than my Ruger and I imagine I could learn to shoot it so the group is center target. When this particular Sig comes out with a safety I may get one.

Life is good.
Prof Young
Old May 15, 2019, 06:11 PM   #2
FITASC

I have found the Uplula loader to be a GREAT help in loading those mags. I took my new second 365 and was glad I had it with me. Gun performed like it older brother - perfect. I love mine, and the Glocks are in serious trouble. The Kahr and others will be going away soon
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old May 15, 2019, 06:14 PM   #3
sparkyv

Nice! That P365 is a great little 9mm. And yes, those magazines have strong springs. Mine have let up a little, but I still need to use my Uplula, especially when topping off.
Old May 15, 2019, 07:10 PM   #4
Auto5

Without the Uplula, mine becomes a nine shot.
Old May 16, 2019, 06:23 AM   #5
rodfac

Yep, the mags are tough to load for the first half dozen loadings or so. I leave mine loaded and they no longer require an Uplula to fill.

My 365 has become my day to day carry....great sights, very light weight, superb accuracy and at 1000 rounds, it has yet to malfunction. The trigger, a striker type, is far superior to the three Glocks that have cycled through our house. My wife's G23, smoothed with a Dremel polishing wheel and roughly 1000 rounds fired is just not as good as that little Sig. Like many have said, it handles and feels like a bigger gun. BTW, mine has a mid-January 2019 manuf. date.

YMMv, Rod

Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.

Last edited by rodfac; May 16, 2019 at 06:58 AM.
Old May 16, 2019, 07:19 AM   #6
Bartholomew Roberts

It is a neat little gun. If I was buying today, I’d definitely have it top of the list. I don’t think I’d trade in a Glock 26, 43, or a Shield I already had for one though. By the time you’ve got all the holsters, spare mags, etc., it doesn’t make much economic sense to upgrade.

The X-ray sights are great. SIG needs to expand that to standard factory sights for all their self-defense oriented pistols.

The magazines are definitely stout. I even had trouble using the LULA since the mags were so short it swallowed them up but single stack at the top so you had to be a little more precise with slipping the next round in. More of a minor comparative inconvenience than an issue though. And more than made up for by the full size pistol performance squashed into that tiny package.
Old May 16, 2019, 01:57 PM   #7
jackstrawIII

Leave the mags loaded for a few weeks and they'll loosen right up. That's been my experience anyways.

Great little gun and WAY more shoot-able than it has any right to be.
Old May 16, 2019, 08:54 PM   #8
jmr40

Quote:
I ran the P365 along side my regular carry which is a Ruger SR9C. I could not shoot the Sig as well as I shoot the Ruger,
I have a Ruger SR9c and have been very tempted to buy one of the Sigs. But when the Sig is $500 OTD and a 2nd Ruger is $250 OTD, it is really tempting to just buy another Ruger. I shoot the Ruger VERY well, much better than a $250 gun should shoot and in 2 years have had not a single malfunction. It is a tad bigger and only holds 7 rounds, but $250 is $250. And I do have an extended 10 round magazine for it.

Winston Churchill
Old May 16, 2019, 09:10 PM   #9
FITASC

Doesn't matter what the cost is; if you shoot a gun very well, then stick with that and get a second because "Two is one and one is none"
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old May 16, 2019, 09:31 PM   #10
Carmady

^^^
Not to mention that all your spare mags and holsters which fit Ruger #1 will also fit Ruger #2, which equals more $$$ for ammo.