The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old December 15, 2018, 07:08 AM   #1
Mobuck

I'm back in line again

Put in another order to Silencer Shop. Hoping this will be complete before Oct 2019.
Old December 15, 2018, 07:12 AM   #2
TXAZ

Dogtown Tom
What are you currently seeing as the wait times?

Cave illos in guns et backhoes
Old December 15, 2018, 05:26 PM   #3
Sharkbite

Boy, id sure love to see the HPA get put back in front of the legislature.
Old December 16, 2018, 04:59 AM   #4
Mobuck

Me, too. I put this purchase off for a year waiting to see if it shook loose but it's just not going to happen.
Old December 17, 2018, 08:17 PM   #5
dogtown tom

Quote:
TXAZ Dogtown Tom
What are you currently seeing as the wait times?
I've received three stamps in the last week (one today) all submitted the last week of March 2018. All three were trusts.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old December 17, 2018, 10:26 PM   #6
Mobuck

"all submitted the last week of March 2018. All three were trusts."

Disgustingly dismal performance by a government agency. What happened to those claims that "all the new 41F applications" were tying up the processing?
Old December 17, 2018, 10:33 PM   #7
TXAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobuck View Post
"all submitted the last week of March 2018. All three were trusts."

Disgustingly dismal performance by a government agency. What happened to those claims that "all the new 41F applications" were tying up the processing?
Hardly. My trust took over a year, this time was cut measurably.
If you want to see truly dismal US Goverment performance, go look at the VA hospital system or US Congress.

Cave illos in guns et backhoes
Old December 18, 2018, 07:16 PM   #8
dogtown tom

Quote:
Mobuck "all submitted the last week of March 2018. All three were trusts."

Disgustingly dismal performance by a government agency.
Huh?
Processing times are faster now than this time last year.
And which government agency are you whining about? FBI or ATF?
Nearly all of my backlogged Form 4's are because the FBI cannot resolve the background check on the individual applicant or RP's on a trust applicant.

Quote:
What happened to those claims that "all the new 41F applications" were tying up the processing?
Again..... Huh?
Prior to the implementation of 41F in July 2016, the number of Form 1's and Form 4's submitted were greater than anytime in history. More Form 4's in the thirty days prior than the three years prior. That volume of forms created longer than normal wait times.

"Disgustingly dismal performance" shows a lack of knowledge of the process, not to mention the silencer and NFA market.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old December 18, 2018, 08:51 PM   #9
Mobuck

"shows a lack of knowledge of the process, not to mention the silencer and NFA market."

After 40 years of Federal service with multiple agencies, my knowledge of government processes is far more detailed than you can imagine OR believe.
Old December 19, 2018, 05:56 PM   #10
dogtown tom

Quote:
Mobuck "shows a lack of knowledge of the process, not to mention the silencer and NFA market."

After 40 years of Federal service with multiple agencies, my knowledge of government processes is far more detailed than you can imagine OR believe.
But after forty years of service all you can say is "Disgustingly dismal performance by a government agency" and not offer any other information.

I've driven a car for over forty years, that doesn't make me an auto mechanic does it?