The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 20, 2011, 04:06 PM   #1
Cylon

Adjusting Fiber Optic Sights on shotgun

OK, I am a nube, but,

I have fiber optic sights on my 12 gauge and want to zero the sights when using slugs (got bear problems).

My current shots are left and low of center when aiming at center of target at 60 yeards. I can correct knowing this but would prefer to aim AT what I want to hit,

So, how do I adjust the sights? There are two 2 screws on the top of the sights on the "rifle" barrel.

thanks in advance for your help

norm
Old August 20, 2011, 04:19 PM   #2
bejay

what type of gun ,does it have rifle sights on it? if it has a rear sight it probably has some form of adjustment that you adjust the way you want the bullet to move.
Old August 20, 2011, 04:20 PM   #3
Cylon

H & R 12 gauge

rear sights has two screws to adjust, dont know wheich way to turn them to adjust

thanks
Old August 20, 2011, 04:27 PM   #4
bejay

all i can tell you is raising the sight will raise your point of impact and lowering it willl lower your point of impact, if it has windage also you will move it to the right to move point of impact to the right.
just keep this in mind when adjusting [a rear sight on any gun move the sight the direction you want the bullet to go] and your shooting low and to the left so you want to raise it and move it to the right.
Old August 20, 2011, 04:29 PM   #5
Cylon

thanks bejay