The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 18, 2018, 08:40 PM   #26
Crankylove

.22 Mag NAA mini is as low as I go currently. I don’t carry a BUG, so when I carry the mini, that’s all I’ve got.

Can’t conceal anything bigger while working, and don’t like leaving it in my car while at work. While .22 Mag isn’t the equal of a .44 Mag, it is till lethal and nothing to laugh off, and 5 rounds of .22 Mag is better than my bare hands. It sits nicely in my front pocket, without worry of it becoming visible in a very physical job.

Weekends or after work, my usual carry is an SP101 in .327 Federal, or a 5” 1911.
Old February 18, 2018, 09:27 PM   #27
1MoreFord

I've walked around a lot with nothing more than a NAA .22lr or a Seecamp .32. I know they are last ditch and up close but they still meet the first requirement of a gunfight. Bring a gun and they both beat a sharp stick. I now have a LCP which helps with when you can't be detected and a P290RS when a little more leeway is allowed.
Old February 18, 2018, 09:30 PM   #28
Onward Allusion

NAA Mini in 22LR as backup is the lowest. I prefer my P3AT ast backup however. EDC is a G27.
Old February 19, 2018, 12:17 PM   #29
bassJAM1

Quote:
I started shooting the LCP when they first came out and shot them heavily. Why? because I carried it every day and it is a gun that requires diligent shooting to become proficient at shooting. Burned through 4 of them. Later moved to the Pico and never looked back.
I'm curious how many rounds it took to burn through each one? I've got about 1,500 rounds through my LCP, and its certainly more loose than it used to be and I'm starting to consider replacing it with either a Pico or a CW380.