The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old September 20, 2007, 06:25 PM   #1
CrazyIvan007

Gun Forums

I came here and found a good group of adult-acting folks, and am very happy to be here so far.

One thing I noticed is the lack of separatoin of firearms.

I know some sites go into detail with specific model-type or brands. I don't think that is necessary. But, it would be good to have separate forums for say "Military Rifles" and "Non-Military Rifles" as well as "Semi Auto Handguns" and "Revolvers" and "All other handguns".

I love talking military rifles and guns, but I find myself drown out by hunter-types...and a lot of hunter-types don't get along too well with folks who enjoy target shooting/sport shooting with AK's and AR-15's, M-14's, M1's etc... Not to say a written brawl would break out, but I know when I go into a hunting shop looking for .223 rounds, the guy behind the counter treats me like I'm a freak or something. I kinda get the same feel online when in a forum with hunter folk.

Just a thought.
Old October 2, 2007, 03:09 PM   #2
biglabsrule

let it be known, you're not a freak, you'll find er not love but maybe friendsship here! The NRA also accepts us all
Old October 2, 2007, 07:21 PM   #3
CrazyIvan007

Thanks!

Well, it isn't just to stay out of people's hair, but it helps if looking for certain conversation.
Old October 2, 2007, 07:31 PM   #4
oldbillthundercheif

TFL does not segregate its Fudds. Seperate is by nature unequal.
Old October 6, 2007, 12:12 AM   #5
Nakanokalronin

I agree there should be some seperation in the forum only because it makes navigating easier. When I'm looking for an AR-15 topic I have to go through a bunch of "The Art of the Rifle" pages to find some. If I'm looking for a Springfield Armory 1911 topic I have to go through lots of Handgun General or Handgun Semi-Auto pages. I know this would mean a big upgrade to the site and would be alot of work but if you look at places like AK47.net/AR15.com there is a topic for everything there. Not saying to make your site that in depth but its to give you an idea.

You guys have a great site but because its a forum for ALL firearm enthusiasts with ALL types of firearms I think they should have alittle bit easier time finding what they are looking for.
Old October 8, 2007, 10:17 AM   #6
Mike Irwin
Staff

Try the search feature. It can help you winnow down what you're looking for.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old October 8, 2007, 07:39 PM   #7
CrazyIvan007

it's not necessarily that I am looking for anything in particular. Just browsing would be easier. If I am thinking about AR-15, I don't want to necessarily see a bunch of bolt-action-related threads. But, a search for AR-15 may leave out a lot of AR-15 related topics.
Old October 10, 2007, 11:36 PM   #8
Scorch

Segregation leads to mistrust and misconceptions. If all you read is stuff that totally agrees with you, what's the point? That's the reason I don't go to the other forums anymore. You say "AKs rule!" and all the drones repeat after you "AKs rule!" Sort of an exercise in mental masturbation. You leave the forum saying "Everybody is just like me!" When you actually meet someone who prefers bolt action rifles, you feel singled out and start spouting gibberish about the superiority of this ammo or that bayonet. I would rather have an open forum where there is free communication about ideas and issues. We can talk about things, we can share ideas, and when we sign off we don't have to feel like we were attacked just for liking plastic grip panels over African Zebrawood or some such nonsense.
Old October 14, 2007, 11:38 PM   #9
CrazyIvan007

Scorch, it is more about wanting to see sections related to different weapons so when you want to find info or discuss a particular gun, you don't have to filter through a bunch of unrelated topics.