The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 29, 2019, 11:47 AM   #1
theblakester

Steiner T5xi vs Zeiss Conquest V6

Looking for input on these scopes. Steiner T5xi 3-15x50 w/34mm main tube FFP. And the Zeiss Conquest 3-18x50 w/30 mm main tube SFP. Also open to other options in that price range.
Scope will live on a Remington 700 AAC-SD 20” .308 used to get into long range shooting. Local range goes out to 600 yards. Will eventually be looking to get out past that on a couple friends/family properties. Not interested in competition shooting. I could end up hunting with it, but the main purpose is to learn to make correct windage and bullet drop adjustments with a given load and learn to shrink group sizes over time with said load. I don’t reload, but I might eventually. I know this will help group sizes a lot and I may also wind up doing other things to the rifle to help with group sizes too. But for now I would like some unbiased help on glass for the rig. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old December 31, 2019, 08:41 PM   #2
theblakester

Nada!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk