The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 9, 2018, 06:57 PM   #1
BuckBerry

Precision Hunter in .243 Win?

Hi guys,
I can't find if Hornady has plans of making this line of ammo in .243 Win (one of my faves). Anyone have an inside scoop?

Thanks
Old July 9, 2018, 08:58 PM   #2
jmr40

I would doubt it, but I've been wrong before The Precision Hunter ammo uses long, heavy high BC bullets. Unless you are shooting a custom rifle very few, if any factory 243's have the correct barrel twist to shoot those bullets well. And the guys who build custom rifles usually hand load their own.

That is what the 6mm Creedmoor was developed for. It offers an out of the box rifle and ammo suited for those bullets instead of having to go the custom rifle and handload route.

Winston Churchill
Old July 10, 2018, 11:04 AM   #3
BuckBerry

Good point. I like the Superformance line, so it may be that's what I'll shoot for a long time. I like the 75gr Vmax, and the 95gr SST. Flat shooters, good power from coyotes to deer here in Indiana. I've also got a 270win that I use with the precision Hunter line. It's excellent.

Thanks