The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old December 4, 2002, 08:20 PM   #26
Jeeper

412-14x
450-16x
Old December 7, 2002, 03:33 PM   #27
jc121

could not wait untill next week as someone told me about another match today in pueblo so I went out and shot the 200 yard reduced 50 shot match . its formated the same as next weeks match.

will not tell you what I got for a score today but will say that nobody that guessed so far hit the number but there was a few that got close.

it would be nice if they gave you more time in the rapids.

one week left come on and see if you can get close cause I'am going to get better I hope!
Old December 7, 2002, 09:22 PM   #28
IamNOTaNUT

Oh, that's not right, those were guesses for your FIRST match - the one where you were going to go show everyone how easy it was. Time to post your results!

I didn't do it, but I thought about it. Next time I might.

NRA
Old December 7, 2002, 09:38 PM   #29
Blind Rat

Here's a link for all of you that have e-mailed asking about the BlingRat line of Extreme Shooting gear (and especially the Bumper Dumper).

BlingBling Gear
Old December 7, 2002, 10:13 PM   #30
jc121

sorry it was a last minute deal and was bitting at the bit so I just went, in all fairness because alot of folks were hoping for some bad colorado weather and today was just a balmy 18 this mourning to start with a little wind later (somebody should of told me that the wind moves that bullet around. I will blame it on the wind and water in my eyes from the cold.
so because I shot today you all get another guess at the score.

blind rat are you backed ordered because of the christmas rush on those hitch toilets as it looks like a good option to add to the tent I set up in the bed of my pic-em-up truck.

if you all think I will do better next week let me know.

man I should of got me some blackberry brandy to go with all that coffee I drank before the off hand as it took me almost 3 minutes of the 10 I got for the 10 shots off hand to stop the shakes.
Old December 8, 2002, 11:04 PM   #31
IamNOTaNUT

A lot of people have excuses. Me, I just didn't shoot that well at my pistol match this weekend. No excuses, just a lack of concentration. Total shooter error. Hopefully things will go better next time and I will not embarass myself. Back to the range . . .

I hope next week goes better for you, but for as much talk as you put out, you should publish your score.

NRA
Old December 9, 2002, 12:16 AM   #32
jc121

I did not say I was unhappy with what I did I just know I need to work on some things and as far as next week I have great hopes as long as the weather is fair!
Old December 9, 2002, 07:12 PM   #33
Jeeper

You should really publish both weeks scores here.
Old December 9, 2002, 08:16 PM   #34
jc121

I will put both of them up after the next match and if it is canceled because of weather I will count the one I shot on last sat.
Old December 10, 2002, 05:21 AM   #35
Blind Rat

jc121,
I'd like to change my lower guess to 486-14x and my upper guess to 495-24x. Rumor has it you bought a new trashbag for your bumper dumper.
Old December 10, 2002, 10:12 AM   #36
Steve Smith

Chris, irreverent as usual

This is MY irreverent playgrond, Chris...no room for you. Scram.

(Bumper dumper...geez)

Steve Smith
NRA Life Member
Old December 10, 2002, 09:32 PM   #37
jc121

486-14x now thats a good score but 495 -24x out of 500 thats really what I was expecting from you guys.
see there are not to many new guesses lately but you all are running out of time and I'am glad to see some of you are getting qaulity guesses in, ha!ha!ha!
Old December 11, 2002, 04:13 AM   #38
Blind Rat

Whatsamatta Steevie,

Can't handle someone with a better sense of shooting fashion, has a handle on all the cutting edge Highpower gear and actually shoots highpower?

Just be thankful I don't invite over a certain "Clinton" Ma-key...:barf:
Old December 11, 2002, 10:59 AM   #39
falconer

Just out of curiousity. What are typical scores to expect from ones first couple HP matches?
Old December 11, 2002, 02:16 PM   #40
Steve Smith

Chris, just becuase you fancy yourself as a pimp and fashon mogul, that doesn't mean that you actually are. Please stick to pimpin' your Fulton wares. Maybe you and Clint should work out a deal where he uses your chromed sights in his guns and charges even more.

Falconer, no way to tell you that. Some folks can barely break 50%, and others are at 90% or a little more their first few times. Don't worry, though, you're always welcome.

BTW, Chris, I won't be around for about a month, so feel free to say all kinds of things about me. Most are true anyways.

Steve Smith
NRA Life Member
Old December 12, 2002, 08:45 PM   #41
jc121

since steve is not around it sounds if you want to know anything about highpower shooting till he comes back just ask me.

I just got some new gloves to wear so if its cold it should not be to bad. man getting excited and no more guesses lately remember the closest one gets a free pre-ban usgi 30 round m16-ar15 mag. it will be a nice one and if you hit it on the head with the right x count I will send you two mags and I pay shipping.

man what was that score chris 495-24x does that mean I get 5 misses or I can only drop 5 points. oh by the way that 486-14x was that a educated guess or you have a cristal ball. lol
Old December 12, 2002, 08:54 PM   #42
jc121

IamNotaNut : to be fair to you I will tell you this if we counted last weeks score you did not win so thats how fair I am so you get two more guesses!

oh and you squinch I heard that you wanted to bet me lunch on who has the best off-hand score. well you are on sounds like the roadhouse to me and a steak dinner. I hope I bring enough money!
Old December 14, 2002, 01:57 PM   #43
Jeeper

I expect both sets of results posted by 6pm EST tomorrow. Otherwise we will have to fine you one extra magazine.
Old December 14, 2002, 04:12 PM   #44
jc121

I will give you both scores tommorrow after I get home and anounce the winner.

it looks like two folks from the tfl will be there to see how I do. one even invited me to go pistol shooting this mourning and I had a blast. I'am even worse at pistols than rifles go figure?

get your friends on the tfl to get their scores in by 9 am mst as thats when it starts.
weather outlook for colorado springs tommorrow high 50's and slightly cloudy. about the same today but a little windy at times. did practice some today but its hard to hit that target in off hand with no sling and about 10 to 15mph winds hope its calm on sunday. I will even let the winner pick out the make of the mags like your choice will be from labell, adventureline, sanchez,okay, center or fn, (sorry no colts) on this deal.

oh and I had one email me the score and I think it was 488 or something like that from steve smith so just wanted to get that out so if he wins you know its on the up and up. and do not be surprized if I send second place something also. I'am feeling lucky. got my ammo set out and and coffee all ready to start in the mourning and have a half dozen of the crispy creme donuts ready for when I get up.
Old December 14, 2002, 06:56 PM   #45
Borf

430 - 13x

What the heck. Can always use a mag

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom;
and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money it values more, it
will lose that, too.
-- W. Somerset Maugham
Old December 15, 2002, 04:33 PM   #46
jc121

we have a winner that guessed the exact score but missed on the x count for todays 200 yard 50 shot reduced course match. so that person will be sent a nice pre-ban 30 round m16/ar15 mag. email me for you address and I will get it out for you.

oh ! you guys want to know the score.

the weather person did not know what they where doing when they predicted a nice day. it started off kinda chilly but not to bad but winds to start at between 15 and 20mph gusting up to about 25 at times. had 3moa on the rifle at one point and the wind did not start to let up untill we were almost threw the rapid prone stage. and then it just switched around a little for the slow prone 20 rounds.

funny I had the same x count as last week.

here are my scores for the different stages.

pueblo west last sat the weekend before.

96-2x
99-4x
97-3x
194-7x
total out of a possible 500 was 486-16x

todays score for frontier was as follows

99-4x
97-2x
96-0x
200-10x
total out of a possible of 500 was 492-16x

sorry about the 96-0x I new my sitting was a little low in the 10 ring because of the dark clouds that started to come over and when I went up to the line for rapid prone I forgot to go up 1/2 moa as I planned and it was a very nice tight group with 4 shots out at 6 o'clock about 1/4" to 1/2" out in the 9 ring.

only 1 shot I wished I had back and that was the only shot out of the black and that was the 8 in my rapid sitting.

so the winner was correia out of slc with a 492-8x

I will check later to see who came in 2nd.

we will do this again come spring when the weathers better.
Old December 15, 2002, 07:05 PM   #47
IamNOTaNUT

jc121 - Nice shooting. You did much better than I expected as most people who talk the talk can't back it up. My apologies. And keep at it, I see high X-counts in your future!

NRA
Old December 15, 2002, 07:35 PM   #48
jc121

blind rat sorry I thought you were going to get it but made a few mistakes that I'am working on.

trying to slow my rapid sitting down and get only good crisp smooth trigger pull but because of the thing between my ears I bangs the trigger and that causes me to take shots when its not exactly there.
and the other brain melt was not moving that dang sights up between my rapid sitting and rapid prone. knew when I saw the target and got back to the line I wanted to move it up but forgot and it cost me because the group should of been like a 100-6x or 7x.

next week I might do a 80 shot course but will wait and see.

shot the ar15 that I have not shot since june today and I hate it because I do not want to think it shoots better than my main gun. steve you would of liked to see the x ring in the slow prone out of the 10 x's 8 were all touching strung out across the middle of the x from left to right. wind caused but tried to keep up with it and only made about 5 changes threw the string.
Old December 15, 2002, 07:39 PM   #49
jc121

whoops made a mistake last week was only 14x's sorry brain fade.
jon
Old December 16, 2002, 12:20 AM   #50
Blind Rat

Double Dang!!
Dang, because I thought I had enough "inside information" to have a lock on winning.

And Dang again because I also shot a match today - A 600 yd NMC and I train wrecked my way to a lower score than you shot.

Here's the play by play;

200 yd Standing. Forgot to put on my hearing protection after hopping off the Bumper Dumper. Was reminded of this fact by the first shot of the day going off next to me. Scared me straight into an "8" and 9 for sighters and a brown spot on my BVD's (I still had a little left over I guess). So shook up my first record was also an 8. Dropped two 9's for a 96-3x.

200yd Sitting Rapid Sloppy on the trigger control for a 98-5x. Note to self; BlingBling Front Sight does not have magical effects on the Trigger Finger.

300yd Prone Rapid. Thought the sling felt a little loose while standing waiting to go down. Took it up a bit. (Never Never make those kinds of changes after establishing your Natural Point of Aim!) Dropped down into position to find that I could not get into the same position and worse yet, could not get my head behind the sight properly. Too late... Gritted my teeth and made do for a group that looked like buckshot across the target. 93-2x

600 yd Prone. Good wind call. Light consistent. Missed the shift after the boil and got behind on a fishtailing condition. Dropped 3-8's and a few nines as a result. 191-6x Finished string and bolted for the Bumper Dumper. What a time to find out you're Lactose Intolerant!

Total 478-16x - Too many brain farts (shooters on the next points say too many "other kinds" of farts too) to reach my goal of 485 - 16x. Final note to self; Beans the night before and using a carbide smoker are a bad combination.

jc121; That was mighty fine shooting at both matches! Do you find much difference in your scores when you shoot Full Distance vs 200yd reduced? ...and was that 200-10x on the MR52? I hear you folk in Colorado do things a little different on the targets.