The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 23, 2013, 02:01 PM   #1
savage1r

Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe Review

Through the great guys at welikeshooting.com, I got a chance to try out my very first carry rig. In preparations for getting my CPL, I wanted to try out a holster that would be comfortable, ergonomic and functional (also tactical). Though it's a bit squeaky at first, the Crossbreed Supertuck is an extremely high quality holster in terms of fit, finish, and wearability. The retention is perfect (though you can easily change it to fit your needs), it's built to last and they have a lifetime warranty! Hard to beat that! Give the video a watch, let me know what you think and what your experiences have been with these and other CCW holsters.

VIDEO LINK
Old January 23, 2013, 09:58 PM   #2
Goet

+1 for Supertuck. They rock!
Old January 26, 2013, 01:22 PM   #3
craZivn

I love my Supertuck as well! It makes my full-size Beretta go away under a t-shirt and I can wear it all day. I've taken naps with my gun on.

Yeah, they are squeaky at first and have a break-in period like any leather product but a little Saddle Soap and use takes care of that!

My cousin has the Galco King-tuk, which is a clone of the Supertuck, and the quality difference shows. The Galco doesn't have the pivoting clips like the SuperTuck, and he had to re-mold his Kydex with a hair dryer because the fit was way too tight on his gun. (The Galco holsters are mass-produced to each fit a small range of similar guns, so the fit isn't precise. The SuperTuck is molded to fit MY SPECIFIC GUN and no other, so it fits like a glove.)
My Supertuck had just the right retention out of the package, and IMHO is well worth the extra $30!

Regards,
Ivan