The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 18, 2009, 08:21 AM   #1
M1A Owner

Looking for a good M1A Standard Scope

To All,

I am new to this site and look forward to interacting with everyone. I recently bought a SA SOCOM 16 and love it. I came across a M1A Standard (yesterday) and purchased it too. I'm interested in buying a good scope for my Standard and would like any input. I will be using my Standard at the range and for hunting. Looking to hit targets 100 - 700 yards and will occasionally take a 1000 yard shot. (In the distant future when I get comfortable with it.) I've heard about the Leupold Mark VI line and like them. Just looking for good scope with a fair price.

Any opinions? Thanks in advance!
Old October 18, 2009, 09:28 PM   #2
amprecon

I think what's more important than the scope is the proper mount. I read alot about scoping an M1A here before I purchased mine and eventually had good results. I went with the ARMS #18 and it appears to be holding solid after several hundred rounds.
The scope I currently use is a Nikon 6X42 fixed power and have been satisfied with it so far. I have not had the chance to use it in the field yet so I'll have a better opinion after that happens.

Old October 18, 2009, 09:39 PM   #3
M1A Owner

Thanks

How much did you pay for your scope and where can I find the ARMS #18? Thanks for the response.
Old October 18, 2009, 10:28 PM   #4
amprecon

I believe you can buy directly from A.R.M.S. and there are several other vendors that sell them, I believe fulton armory and swfa are a couple. I paid around $230 for the scope, but like I said they're not produced anymore. I'd look at Leupold FX series if I were to buy a fixed power scope nowadays though. I like swfa and opticsplanet.

Tags
scope help