The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 8, 2005, 08:27 PM   #1
DanV1317

Midway Grade 3 once fired brass

Wondering if anybody ever buys the once fired grade 3 brass from midway? It's like 500 of .40 s&w cases for 9$. you can't beat that. better than picking up 500 cases from the ground at the range.
This is probably in the wrong section of the forum, but figured more people would see it here who would know.
Old May 9, 2005, 01:49 PM   #2
G56

When fired brass sits uncleaned it gets somewhat corroded, IMHO spend a little more and get the grade 1 brass, it's worth the difference.

Midway's description
"Grade 1 Brass has been cleaned, polished, deprimed"
Old May 9, 2005, 05:53 PM   #3
Johnny Guest
Moderator in Memoriam

Wrong section?

Dan, I can't think of a better place to ask about reloading components than on the Handloading and Reloading forum.

The price difference between Grade 3 and Grade 1 is only about four bucks. I guess it all depends on how valuable you consider your time. If you have other stuff to do while the dirtier brass is in the cleaner, and, especially, if you have a large capacity cleaning machine, then why spend the extra money? If you have an impatient bone in your body, though, I'd say the premium for already cleaned brass is well worthwhile. Me, I'd go with the Grade 1. Shipping cost will be the same.

Best,
Johnny