The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 17, 2013, 04:06 PM   #26
SgtLumpy

I ordered a gun with a "RABBIT" (not a turtle) listed as shipping time. Ordered at 2200 hrs local time Arizona, the following morning it was showing up in UPS tracking as underway.

No complaints here about shipping time or anything else with Bud's.

Sgt Lumpy - n0eq
Old January 17, 2013, 04:38 PM   #27
aarondhgraham

Reason to snail mail the copy of the FFL.

Quote:
There is absolutely no reason to snail mail a copy of an FFL.
They can fax it or even email it to the seller.
Yes there is!

In one case the FFL holder wouldn't fax it himself,,,

But also some sellers want the copy to be signed by the dealer,,,
And they often will not accept a fax or e-mailed file,,,
They want an orignal signature.

You can cry BS all you want,,,
But the seller holds the cards and calls the shots.

When I purchased my first gun from Budsgunshop.com,,,
I didn't know about the Evil Pawn Shop in my town,,,
Buds asked me to snail-mail the signed copy.

Now they have the Evil Pawn Shop on file as a cooperating FFL holder,,,
I've ordered 7 firearms from Buds and all have taken under 7 days,,,
Except for that first one when I had to snail-mail the FFL copy.

Aarond

Aarond is good,,, Aarond is wise,,, Always trust Aarond! (most of the time)
Old January 17, 2013, 09:35 PM   #28
wstein

I have ordered several guns from Buds this past year. Their order process is pretty painless. They have messed up one time, listed a order as completed even thought didn't ship one of the two long guns I had ordered. But they quickly corrected the problem when I contacted them about it.

I don't have a good signature.....
Old January 18, 2013, 05:40 AM   #29
hemiram

I have bought two used and two new guns from Bud's, they all shipped quickly and the used ones were in as good or better shape then they claimed they were.
Old January 18, 2013, 11:05 AM   #30
Hoosier_Daddy

Here is how my most recent process went with Bud's.
Last Friday aternoon I ordered a S&W M&P 9. (Was impossible to find at any local gun shop since everybody and their relative scarfed up "high capacity" 9 mms in the last 30 days.)
On Saturday the handgun was listed as "IN Shipping".
On Thursday I noticed that it shipped on Wednesday.
It arrived at my FFL this morning, Friday, around 10:00 am.
My FFL called me at 10:30 am to let me know if was in and come pick it up anytime.
I plan to meet with my FFL this afternoon to pay the $25.00 FFL fee and pick up my new handgun.
So far, this transaction went better than I expected. I was concerned that Bud's was swamped and it would take much longer to get the handgun shipped. I'll know more this afternoon.
Old January 18, 2013, 11:13 AM   #31
BigD_in_FL

To those who say there is no sales tax.......LEGALLY, you are required to submit the equal amount as a "use tax". Since that doesn't seem to happe, you are now seeing states push for a new law to make sales tax mandatory on interstate shipments
Old January 18, 2013, 02:03 PM   #32
Hoosier_Daddy

Yep, not legal but good luck states trying to figure out who bought what from where.
For over 40 years I have enjoyed the no sales tax collected on these out of state purchases!

Last edited by Hoosier_Daddy; January 20, 2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old January 18, 2013, 02:44 PM   #33
bulldozer1

I ordered and paid for an in stock rifle on Dec 29 2012. Was 7 to 10 business days for shipping. Rifle still has not shipped recording says 3 to 7 business now.been almost three weeks since ordered.
Old January 18, 2013, 03:11 PM   #34
bulldozer1

Just gave buds a call recorded prossesing still says 3 to 7 business days till ship it has been 13 business days since order. This is my first dealing with buds. I know they are busy but I am feeling funny about not having been able to talk to a person this whole time
Old January 18, 2013, 05:37 PM   #35
Hoosier_Daddy

I think the only way you get to talk to anybody at Bud's is if you pay for the "privalege" to be a Bud's VIP customer. That Bud's VIP program really ticks me off. I don't choose to pay a yearly membership fee for the opportunity to buy from a business.

Bummer on the above posters rifle delivery problem. Did they show that rifle was in stock when you ordered it? I was starting to suffer buyers remorse the first time I bought from Bud's because it took 4 days to get the handgun shipped. Your situation is much worse and I can imagine how you feel. When I buy something, I want it immediately and any lost time just gets my bowels in an uproar.

But my most recent purchase was shipped in 4 working days (if you count Saturday as a working day) after I pulled the trigger on the order.
Old January 19, 2013, 08:30 PM   #36
cdbeagle

I have bought a number of firearms from Bud's. I don't care for them but when it comes to pricing and availability they are hard to beat.

I always go to the manufacturer's website and make sure the model number of what I want to buy matches with the model number Bud's shows. The only time I've had trouble with Bud's was on my first purchase from them and I did not do that. Part of the fault was mine and part of it was Bud's but they did not come to the plate. Anyway, if you do what is suggested above you will be okay.

Once your firearm is with the FFL, make sure it is what you ordered and that there is no damage before you accept it. It is perfectly acceptable to refuse to take a firearm that has issues. If you accept the firearm it is immediately classified as used and cannot legally be resold as NIB by a dealer.

I have it on pretty good authority that the items from Bud's that take a long time to ship are coming directly from the manufacturer or distributor.

The VIP thing has always bothered me but I went ahead and paid for it this year for one reason. If you are a VIP member you get first shot at popular items that sell out quickly. VIP members get first shot for 72 hours before anyone else.

Last, Bud's free shipping does not include insurance. You will have to pay for insurance which is usually seven or eight dollars.
Old January 19, 2013, 10:04 PM   #37
CADILLAC HOOSIER

I've bought several from Bud's and they've all gone smoothly.
About 4 days and they were at my FFL. I'm ready for another, but everyone's outta everything. Load safe, shoot safe, HOOSIER
Old January 19, 2013, 11:09 PM   #38
SgtLumpy

Quote:
Bud's free shipping does not include insurance. You will have to pay for insurance which is usually seven or eight dollars.
I suggest make your own logical decision about paying for insurance. Any vendor is responsible for getting the widget to the purchaser intact, not lost, not damaged. It's not the buyer's fault, nor his responsiblilty, nor within his control to assure safe delivery.

As others have mentioned, state use tax is the legal and ethical thing to pay on out of state purchases. It's usually lower than sales tax would be.

Bud's has a business model that works fine for me. I have no need to get on the phone with anyone at most any online vendor. Everything can get taken care of via web based format. Leaves me with a record of the transaction that THEY initiate, that I can refer to, rather than a conversation with hand written notes on my end.

Sgt Lumpy - n0eq
Old January 25, 2013, 07:26 AM   #39
bulldozer1

My rifle came in yesterday. See above posts. It took 15 business days but it was a .308 that I was not able to find in my area and I saved about 20%. Over what I was quoted, if my local guys could locate one. It was my first internet order and my first buds order. Other than my impatience to get it in my hands I was very happy they were able to get it for me and very satisfied.
Old January 25, 2013, 07:46 AM   #40
1goodshot

Ordered my gun 14 days ago, still hasnt shipped. It was suppose to take no more than 10 days.