The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old August 22, 2011, 07:05 AM   #51
Uprangewilly

You dont have to register in KY, I think? I believe we are talking about getting delayed on the back ground check, at least I am.
Old August 22, 2011, 10:17 AM   #52
Jerry45

I had never been delayed since the conception of NICS, (I told people this BS system would be a FUBAR but really didn’t think it was going to bite me) that is until my first purchase after Katrina. I live right outside New Orleans. Funny (not ha-ha funny) thing is I was purchasing a pistol to qualify with for a New Orleans commission. I had to borrow a pistol to qualify with since I didn’t own a .40. and they wouldn’t let me use a .45. Every purchase since (pistol or rifle) I’ve had a hold. They never call back, I just have to wait the 3 “business” days to pick up my firearm. The .40 I needed as a duty weapon took 7 days as there was a weekend and a holiday during the 3(?) day hold. Shall not be infringed my backside!!!!!

Next purchase I’ll not give my SS # and see what happens. I use my full name and there is no way in hell anyone has the same middle name as I.
Old August 22, 2011, 07:28 PM   #53
dreamweaver53

I think when you fill out the transfer paper at a gun store it leaves a record of your buying the gun if said gun is transfered into your name then i consider that registered
Old August 22, 2011, 07:46 PM   #54
Jerry45

^ You’ll get an argument about that from some people. Not from me!
Old August 22, 2011, 08:30 PM   #55
Coach Z

I have a squeaky clean record and hold a few licenses that involve a VERY thorough background check and yet I still was on the NO-FLY list for two years. VERY inconvenient to say the least, but at the same time gun purchases were no problem. Took me longer to sign the papers then to get the ok! Not sure there is much rhyme or reason to the myriad of federal agencies.