The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 26, 2008, 07:35 PM   #26
markr

Gander Mountain: A 50 bag of '06 brass at gander Mountain is EXACTLY the same price as a 100 bag at Cabela's. Here in Michigan, we are blessed with a couple brick and mortar stores. Though, we had a Sportsmans Warehouse open up last fall, and then it mysteriously closed recently. I don't think it went 6 months. It was a shame because their reloading stock was as good or better then Cabela's!

BTW, we have a local full service gun shop within a mile of my house. I buy guns, ammo, and reloading components cheaper there than Gander Mountain. I also get to support a local buissiness.

I asked a clerk at the gun counter at Gander Mtn why a Marlin 336 that I had been checking on to buy, eventually shot up in price. He confided that management figured they could do better selling less guns for more, and possibly set the market higher by making a precedent. They must think they are a gas station! I bough the same gun for much less at the local store. Then of course Dunhams ran an add a week later for the same gun, with a scope, for what I paid w/o scope:barf:

Here in Michigan we also have the benefit of one or two large guns shows a month in the Detroit Metro area.

Washed up 11B1P