The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old February 8, 2018, 04:32 AM   #1
r0113

Charter Arms 45LC/41 mag

checked CA website and all my usual web yt sites and no luck.does anyone have an update on release ?
Old February 8, 2018, 08:37 PM   #2
Buckeye!

I hadn't heard as of yet.... Im trying to decide on which one !!!! 45 Colt or 41 Mag ????
Old February 8, 2018, 10:10 PM   #3
greenmtnguy

I am also keeping an eye out - I get the feeling probably around May - or at least I hope it is around then - and I hope that I get my tax refund to pay for it!
Old February 9, 2018, 02:29 PM   #4
T. O'Heir

No mention of 'em anywhere on CA's site. The announcement was all the rage last fall. Wouldn't be the first time a company announced stuff they didn't actually make though. Ruger announced a .308 Win Mini-14 called the XGI, long ago, at the SHOT Show in January, 1985. Then announced they wouldn't be making it in June, 1985.
Old February 14, 2018, 04:36 PM   #5
DWFan

quote:
No mention of 'em anywhere on CA's site. The announcement was all the rage last fall. Wouldn't be the first time a company announced stuff they didn't actually make though. Ruger announced a .308 Win Mini-14 called the XGI, long ago, at the SHOT Show in January, 1985. Then announced they wouldn't be making it in June, 1985.

I remember Taurus showing a .223 revolver at a Shot Show. A lot of publicity for something that never made it to production.
Old February 14, 2018, 07:14 PM   #6
Cheapshooter

Quote:
I remember Taurus showing a .223 revolver at a Shot Show. A lot of publicity for something that never made it to production.
Still waiting for the Standard Manufacturing Volley Fire announced last year at S.H.O.T. show.
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old February 14, 2018, 08:29 PM   #7
TruthTellers

Charter doesn't have a history of saying they're gonna make something only to never produce.

I've been very curious about these revolvers as well because everyone has told me the Bulldog can only handle .44 and .45 Colt is too big. I'd like to know how much bigger the frame and cylinder is compared to the .44 Special.

Say what you will about how similar the two cartridges are, but .45 Colt defense ammo is a lot easier to find in stores near me compared to .44 Special likely because of all those .410 revolvers.

I don't think Charter is going to update their website with their lineup of revolvers until they actually release them. That's what Ruger does and they come out with a lot of new stuff.