The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 24, 1999, 09:15 AM   #1
Neal

Does anyone have one of these ? How does it compare with other IWB holsters in comfort ? In thickness ? Is it molded flat on the back side ? Do you have cowhide or horsehide ? Any comments welcome.

Old July 26, 1999, 07:04 AM   #2
Ossi

I have two VM-2s, one for HK USP Compact9, the other for Makarov. In my opinion it is an excellent holster, and even the relatively thick USPC slide rides very comfortably in it. VM-2 is a holster you can forget while carrying in it; it does not remind of itself like carrying a gun in a cheap nylon IWB does (painfully). Both of my VM-2s are horsehide because it barriers sweat better than cowhide and you can get horsehide VM-2 from Milt Sparks for the same price as cowhide (most makers charge extra for horsehide). VM-2 is also flatter and conceals better than most other IWB holsters, and can be carried with a shirt tucked in over the gun and holster for deep concealment. I think it is the best IWB holster available today for any price. Ossi
Old July 26, 1999, 05:36 PM   #3
Neal

Ossi,

Thanks. It sounds like a great holster. You said they are flatter than most IWB's. Are they molded "flat" on the back side? In other words, is the piece of leather that rides against your hip pretty much flat as opposed to molded to the shape of the gun?
Old July 27, 1999, 06:57 AM   #4
Ossi

The back of VM-2 is not totally flat, but has some slightly rounded curves, moulded to fit the gun. I think if it was made totally flat the gun would ride further out and would not conceal as well. If you want to get more specific info on VM-2 e-mail Tony Kanaley in Milt Sparks Hosters. His e-mail adress is [email protected]. Ossi
Old July 27, 1999, 10:01 AM   #5
Neal

Ossi,
Thanks much, you have given me the information I was looking for.

Neal