The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old September 4, 2020, 09:37 PM   #26
Metal god

Quote:
I just bought 2000 Fed 215 for $22.99 per brick. Local gun shop.
Without knowing anything more about the local shop . I'd say that's the place that would always get my money first . Any store can raise there prices "some" in times like these it's perfectly reasonable . For them to keep there prices low tells you something about the owner and how IMO he/she/they deserves my money first before I look elsewhere .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .
Old September 5, 2020, 04:18 PM   #27
Reloadron

I still have primers left over from a small brick and mortar gun shop my wife and I owned during the early / mid 90s. I was selling a brick of 5,000 CCI Bench Rest BR2 or BR4 for $75 out the door including taxes so we were likely paying about $65 for the 5,000 primer brick. Go figure.

Last year Cabela's had a good price on Sellier and Bellot #5.3 LR primers and I had points so I ordered 5,000 and managed to screw up the order. Thinking it never went through I ordered again. Didn't really need them but at $18 per thousand I figured why not?

Won't even get into NFPA regulations regarding powder and primers. Everything you never wanted to know can be found here with reference to NFPA. It's like the COVID 19 thing, it's all about safe distances.

Ron