The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old July 11, 2006, 03:53 AM   #1
mattmcg

USPSA/IPSC Holster Recommendations Needed!!

Hello,

I'm looking to upgrade my holster for USPSA/IPSC competitions and primarily shoot Limited 10 with a Glock 35. I'm looking at upgrading my holster and had a few in mind but wanted to hear from others as far as which they would personnally recommend.

Here are my options:
1. Blade-Tech DOH Dropped & Offset Holster ( http://www.blade-tech.com/DOH-Droppe...er-pr-824.html )
2. Comp-Tac Belt Holster ( http://www.comp-tac.com/ct_beltholster.html )
3. Kytac Sooper Hooper ( http://www.kytac.com/page2.html )

Any personal recommendations for any of these over the others? Likes/dislikes? Benefits of one versus another?
Old July 11, 2006, 07:52 PM   #2
joseywales

I have used a Kytac Sooper Hooper for about 3 years now. It's a very fast and secure holster.
I tried a friend's Blade-Tech DOH. Also a very fast and secure holster.
Either one of these would work well for a G35.
If you are already accustomed to a 'race' holster, the DOH will seem more familiar.
If you are already accustomed to a 'production' division holster, then the Kytac will feel very familiar.
You'll likely get put in a 'wait' queue whenever you decide to order one of these.
Old July 12, 2006, 09:00 PM   #3
XD Niner

I use the DOH for my 1911 in L-10. It is a great rig!
Old July 12, 2006, 10:10 PM   #4
glockopop

I loooove my Blade-Tech. I shoot a G35 in IPSC. Mine's the cheapo injection molded Blade-Tech, but it works great. And, it shis within 3-5 days and costs $40 with a double mag pouch.
Old July 13, 2006, 06:04 AM   #5
Boondoggie

I have been using the comp-tech belt holster with my 34 for about a year now in IDPA.

It's one of the fastest holster I have ever tried. The really nice thing about this holster is that there are very few made for a 34/35. I really wanted one that would completely cover the muzzle, and not have one for a 17 where the last 1/2" or so was exposed.

Previous to this, I had the Blade Tech, (cheap version), it was ok, about the save quality as an UM.
Old July 13, 2006, 07:52 AM   #6
eerw

Have shot all three..and all three are great holsters...all are fast and very secure for USPSA/IPSC matches..all three are made very well, with thick enough kydex. the finish on three is nice too..all three fit the CR speed and the Safariland Competition belt systems very well..

you might try and call all three companies and see which will be able to deliver..

Blade-tech sometimes takes up to 6 weeks from the factory...might be able to find someone else stocking them though..Kytac sometimes Dave Elderton is hard to get a hold of, especially in the shooting season..as he is a one man shop..Comptac usually is able to deliver..but call them to double check..
Old July 13, 2006, 08:49 PM   #7
Ken O

I like my Blade-tech, but it took over three months to get it. I ordered during the winter and thought I would have it in time for the shooting season. I got it a day after our June match. I made numerous calls, and there was always excuses. I would have canceled and went with something else, but they charge your card immediately, so it was already paid for. This was for a S&W 625, about $60 if I remember right. The guys ordering for the Glocks seem to come through real quick.