The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 20, 2018, 10:06 AM   #1
Grant 14

Lyman sight parts????

I am trying to find adjustment knobs for an older Lyman receiver sight. Looking at another Lyman sight, there seem to be 2 types of knobs and screw shafts and they are not interchangible. I think I need the larger, rounded knobs that have some kind of pin that holds the knob to the grooved shaft. I am not sure if this makes sense, but any help will be appreciated. (Lyman 56 for a Winchester 94) Thanks, Grant.
Old April 20, 2018, 12:23 PM   #2
Grant 14

Well, I found a photo on-line of a 56 and I was wrong about the shape. It is cylindrical with a larger knurelled ring around the top and takes a tiny set screw. I found the Lyman web sight and dont see anything that looks close. I dont know how to post a link to the photo, but maybe someone has old parts that resemble what I have tried to describe. I have looked at a couple of gun shows and not found anything. Thanks ahead of time. Grant.