The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old September 28, 2016, 01:46 PM   #1
Dusty Rivers

How to degrade the quality of our police forces

With the current environment and lack of support for our police forces anyone must be nuts to want to be a new police officer. In Dallas police are retiring early because of concerns over their pension funs. The Dallas police chief told rioters to be part of the solution. On the surface a great idea, then he put in for his pension early.

Finally to my point. The more riots and looting and political lack of support for police forces the harder it will become to get good qualified candidates with the proper mindset to be quality police officers. Perception of bad police forces may become a self fulfilling reality. Police forces will be forced to accept lower and lower qualified candidates. Our police will have to have lower and lower standards. This is not what anyone wants.

The only way this does not happen is if we find a way to keep and continue to make the image of police candidates and officers one of desirable high moral honorable people. We need the best of the best.

Prosecute the bad ones, but in a legal manor. I often read how people feel watched by everyone the first time they carry their firearm. We in fact know that is not true. I believe that when everyone is telling you that the only reason you get stopped is racial profiling you start to believe a false narrative.

In conclusion we need the very best people to be our police force. Train them well, and knock off the political posturing for minority votes. We don't need a President that has beer summits and a candidate that believes it is the guns that cause trouble. I grew up in the projects. I never saw the color of a person's skin- until recently. I don't want a country like that. What a shame the left has brought the country to, just to get votes.
Old September 28, 2016, 01:52 PM   #2
Glenn E. Meyer

Closed - we don't do politics with racial overtones.