The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old March 31, 2002, 12:03 AM   #26
agjrc02

gun shows are terrible. I go just to be with my dad, who likes to look around and get away from the farm. But, i was actually interested in buying this Bulgarian Mak at this show and the dunderhead treated me like i was a child. Granted i was only twenty at the time, but i've been messing around with handguns for a while. He assumed that i was a dunderhead, which to him meant easy sale and offered to me the used Mak for $240 with only one mag. He would sell any other magazines at $15 each. Being noble, he did offer a 50% discount on one box of ammo for the gun. :barf: Needless to say, i was Pissed.

agjrc02
Old April 7, 2002, 05:37 PM   #27
steelerfan

The last couple I went to in Roanoke were crap. Tables full of Taurus revolvers and Ruger pistols. Nothing wrong with those but you were SOL if you were looking for SA or Colt 1911s or even Glocks in anything other than .357sig. It seemed that the stuff they had was stuff they've been trying to get rid of for a while.

There was no shortage of Nazi flags, coins, and assorted other garbage that obviously no one else wants.

However, I did pick up a NIB Glock 36 for my wife last Nov. for $499 at a show in Harrisonburg.
Old April 11, 2002, 02:03 PM   #28
RobW

There is a gun-show loophole: quality stuff, and fair prices. Considering the admittance, parking fee and the drive to the location, even primers, powder and bullets are cheaper at my local dealer.

I stopped attending gun shows for over one year.
Old April 12, 2002, 02:47 AM   #29
Modifiedbrowning

Madmike, I've never seen deals like that out here. I think I want to be a Hoosier! The shows I go to here are usually the same stuff again and again. Most prices are the same or MORE than dealers. Guy had Walther P99 ten round mags for $45.00! Dealer here is 35.00. I usually get ammo or accessories only.
Old April 12, 2002, 09:40 AM   #30
mt_goodrich

One good thing about gun shows....the ability to fondle guns! (Oh..make sure you ask to fondle first).

Seriously, I haven't bought a gun at a gunshow yet. I've had more luck through GunBroker. However, at the gunshow I have been able to get a better look and feel of a handgun that I am interested. Pictures on the internet or okay....but nothing replaces being able to actually hold one.
HS 2000
S&W 4043
Remington Nylon 10c Mohawk
Daisey Red Rider BB Gun