The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old July 30, 2001, 10:31 AM   #26
Ludwig

Correction to second post up: ".32 snub" should read .38 snub.
Old August 1, 2001, 08:27 AM   #27
D. Moon

Been awhile since I posted, but this interests me. Out here in the Republik of KA, when the heat is up and I wear shorts and a Tshirt, I carry a Weigand "Street Fighter" S&W 442 snub in a Thunderwear rig (lt hand draw) and a S&W titanium in the right front pocket with an Uncle Mike's nylon pocket holster, plus a couple speed strips.

Never been "made" and even friendlies who know can't spot 'em. Very comfortable, concealable, and 10 for sure! Went through a Louis Awerbuck 3 day pistol class with this set up, and everybody else in the class had Glocks / Sigs, etc., I held my own. Draw time was comparable to their belt holsters with the Thunderwear, and even faster with the pocket snub. I was at a disadvantage on the reloads, however.

Works for me, give it a shot!

Moon
Old August 1, 2001, 11:01 AM   #28
Ludwig

I e-mailed one of the very top gun pros that most of us have heard of and respect, about the two-snub setup. He said he went to a match with a 640 on the right hip and a 442 in left pocket and did very well - except for reloading, compared to everyone else, who all had pistols. He said he felt the setup was good for off-duty or plain-clothes or armed civilian. Advantage is a gun available to either hand. Downside he said is the difficulty of mastering the J-frame for accuracy, and if you ever need to take a longer shot. And the reload, of course. He made no comment on the idea of shooting through a pocket.