The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 9, 2014, 12:14 PM   #1
wachtelhund1

Ponsness Warren P-200 metal matic

Just added a Ponsness Warren P-200 metal matic turret press to my collection of presses. I plan to load .25-20 win and .223 rem in addition to pistol cartridges. Anyone use or ever used this press? I would like to know if there was ever an auto primer feature for this press, or if anyone had ever rigged up an auto primer feed?
Old August 10, 2014, 03:02 AM   #2
old roper

I have PW Metallic II with auto prime and I'm pretty sure that fit the 200 but might want to call them. They have all the parts.
NRA Life Member
Old August 10, 2014, 09:40 AM   #3
wachtelhund1

old roper thanks,
After I had made this post I was searching the net and came to the Ponsness Warren site. They do have an auto primer feed, not sure how it works though. Looks like it attaches to the top of the turret plate over the primer ram and deposits the primer on top of the primer ram. I just received this press several days ago. Set it up with .25-20 dies and a Lee Auto disk powder measure, that I haven't used in years. Loaded 70 rounds, that had already been sized and primed in about 20 minutes. Which seemed really fast because I have been loading only rifle rounds the last ten years and weigh each charge on a Sartorius digital scale.