The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old June 17, 2008, 07:26 PM   #1
a273md

How do you adjust Trigger Pull on an Interarms Mark X.

I have an Interarms Mark X mannlicher stock chambered for .308. I bought this rifle new 24 yrs ago, but I have misplaced the manual. Anyone out there know how to adjust the trigger pull? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old June 18, 2008, 08:39 AM   #2
srtrax

Hope this will be of some help! Will depend on what trigger you have...scroll down to trigger section if you have the adjustable one.

http://gunmanuals.net/Manuals/interarms_mkx.pdf

Also, this is a good place for manuals /if your looking for one!

http://gunmanuals.net/
Old June 18, 2008, 09:34 AM   #3
a273md

Thank You.

Seriously. I have asked this question at some other sites and have had no response. I will check these out and let you know how I made out.
Again, thanks for your help.
Eric
Old June 18, 2008, 01:58 PM   #4
Inspector3711

I adjusted my Mark X (.25-06) by reading those instructions. The first thing i noticed was how crisp the pull became and how clean the break is. It literally felt 100% better than the trigger on my Rem 700 after I adjusted it to the same pull weight. After firing some high end custom rifles recently (some were over $3000 minus the scope) I have come to the conclusion that adjusted to 3lbs with no overtravel the Mark X trigger feels as good as any custom trigger that's adjusted similiarly in my opinion.
Old June 18, 2008, 06:19 PM   #5
Harry Bonar

trigger

Sir;
On that Mk 10 trigger be sure the sear contact isn't so close so as to render the safety - unsafe.
"The safety on you rifle is loocated between your ears and is adjusted by blows to the head using a blunt object." (A-Square)
Harry B.
Old June 20, 2008, 02:12 PM   #6
a273md

"when all else fails, read the instructions."

Hi all. Thanks for all the response. I broke the rifle down to get at the trigger assembly and read and followed the directions on the various adjustments available. When I looked at all the components I noticed that the backlash adjustment screw locknut was backed completely off and that the screw was barely engaging the threads. I corrected the backlash adjustment and locked it down. Then I adjusted the trigger pull. I don't have fancy tools or scales to determine what the pull is in pounds, but I know what I like and set 'er there. And locked down the locknut. Reassembled rifle and went to the range. Firing speer .308 180gn mag tips at 300 yards. Before trigger adjustment, 5 shot groups 2.690" - 3.25". After trigger adjustment, Three 5 shot groups:
1. .879"
2. .819"
3. .936"
I have always liked my rifle, now I REALLY like my rifle.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Eric
Old June 22, 2008, 08:56 PM   #7
srtrax

Before trigger adjustment, 5 shot groups 2.690" - 3.25". After trigger adjustment, Three 5 shot groups:
1. .879"
2. .819"
3. .936"
I have always liked my rifle, now I REALLY like my rifle.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Eric

Now thats what i call results. "SWEET"