The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old February 15, 2018, 10:44 PM   #26
blackwidowp61

If it's on trikes, I'm in! Now, does anybody know of a good stock that I can make ~$3800 for a Fortner by spring?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFCrJleggrI
Old February 16, 2018, 11:41 AM   #27
MrBorland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picher
MrBorland: You might try to get a bicycle/athon started. The only problem would be if you rode your bike on public roads with a rifle strapped to your back. Maybe that would be just a natural "hazard" to be avoided?
There's an event called Summer Biathlon that generally involves running and shooting. Looks like there are a few venues out west that combine mountain biking and shooting. From what I can tell, your rifle is "safe" at the firing line while you run/bike without it.

I know some cyclists who like to shoot - I'm just not sure there are many of them who are into this type of shooting. I'd likely do better by recruiting target shooters who happen to enjoy cycling.
Old February 17, 2018, 02:09 AM   #28
Rob228

At a Boyscout National Jamboree in (I think) 1994 they had a "bikeathlon" set up where it was mountain bike trails with two shooting stations that had air rifles set up. It was a pretty good time. Pretty sure they were Crossman gallery guns of some sort (repeaters with hoses coming out of them). Nothing overly competitive but still a lot of fun.
Old February 17, 2018, 05:55 AM   #29
Picher

Maybe a "tag-team" event one guy bikes or runs, and tags the shooter? I'd go for the shooter role.
Old February 18, 2018, 10:08 PM   #30
1MoreFord

While not "unique" a Model 52 sporter would be a desirable rifle as would a Remington 541S. I feel lucky to have a 541T HB.
Old February 19, 2018, 11:00 AM   #31
cw308

May not be unique but my CZ 452 Varmint is unique to me . It's the most accurate 22lr I ever owned.
Old February 19, 2018, 03:50 PM   #32
Bamashooter

The most unique .22 I have is a Remington 510 Targetmaster. Its a bolt action single shot rifle with a 25" barrel and a sweet trigger. It was made in 1941 and is in very good shape. The wood stock is not beat up and still looks great and the bluing is all brown now but still shiny and good looking. With good ammo it will stack them on top of each other and fun to shoot when you want accuracy instead of just blasting shots downrange.