The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 10, 2021, 11:41 AM   #26
eflyguy

Forgive me if this has already been stated, but "best" implies accuracy - for me - and the only way to know is to find what suits your weapon.

There is no "best" ammo that will suit every firearm. There is certainly "bad" ammo that generally won't shoot well at all, and "match"-classified ammo will probably be more consistent than others, but you can't expect what works well for one will work well for you. Even in the same model/barrel/whatever. You then need to find the lot number of that particular type that works for you.
Old July 10, 2021, 01:00 PM   #27
jetinteriorguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejonestkd View Post
Jet, interesting that you had poor experiences with Remington Brass. I have not noticed that in my reloading adventures, it seems to have a similar lifetime compared to most other manufacturers. Some of my 38 special brass is well over 30 loads by now and its rare to see a split case or neck.
I may have given the impression that I feel Remington brass is bad, that wasn’t my intention. They’ve just been the only ones I’ve had split on me, but the number that has done so is very very small, maybe two or three in each caliber over the years. I still use and shoot Remmy brass with no concerns, but it’s not my favorite.