The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old February 12, 2010, 12:24 PM   #1
kraigwy

Wyoming Firearms Freedom Act

Wyoming to join Montana and Utah on the Firearms Freedom act, Made In Wyoming Stays in Wyoming Law.

http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2010/Introduced/HB0028.pdf
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Last edited by Al Norris; February 21, 2010 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Title Correction/Claification
Old February 12, 2010, 12:28 PM   #2
azredhawk44

I want to incorporate a master corporation, then get little sub-corporations in each state, that produce MG's and silencers once this movement solidifies.

Kinda like banks and insurance companies do: They aren't one giant national corporation: They are independent yet umbrella'ed corporations under a larger one.

The state-level corps will buy machinery and designs from the national one, but their manufactured products will stay in their respective states.
Old February 18, 2010, 05:51 PM   #3
elkman06

Nice to see happening..Where does Montana and the other states stand on this in conjunction w/ the Fed?
elkman06

"Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6"
Old February 18, 2010, 05:55 PM   #4
longranger

Woo Hooo,

Wyoming gets better all the time,
Old February 18, 2010, 06:02 PM   #5
hamr56

There are a couple of bills in legislation that are looking positive right now. I just hope that if they do make it through they dont get shot down by the gov.
Old February 18, 2010, 07:11 PM   #6
alloy

Something in current Virginia legislation to repeal the one handgun per month limit, allows Virginians to build a so-called supergun at home. I don't know what a supergun is, but it sounds like it must be super. Maybe one day I will see what all the hub-bub is about.

Weird how some states are getting better quickly, and others seem to be regressing faster than I can keep up with. Congrats to Wyoming folks.
Old February 19, 2010, 12:44 AM   #7
Webleymkv

If I remember right, the Feds had a less than positive opinion of this. It will be interesting to see how that interaction plays out.
Old February 20, 2010, 09:27 PM   #8
kozak6

Yeah, I think the Firearms Freedom Act will got shot down the first time someone brings it to court.

Quote:
I want to incorporate a master corporation, then get little sub-corporations in each state, that produce MG's and silencers once this movement solidifies.
I don't think it would do much good, even if the FFA was upheld. The text of the act in the pdf above specifically excludes a "firearm that discharges two or more projectiles sequentially with one activation of the trigger or other firing device".

Also, many states have laws that say NFA stuff is naughty unless federally registered.

Your plan might work with suppressors in Wyoming if the FFA is upheld, though. I wasn't able to find anything preventing it, but I'm not a lawyer and I'm absolutely sick of trying to google the law.
Old February 20, 2010, 10:05 PM   #9
Yankee Traveler

I may be wrong, and somebody please correct me if I am...but I believe TN is pushing this as well.
Old February 20, 2010, 10:10 PM   #10
XD Gunner

I think Kentucky is doing the same.

If handguns cause crimes, mine's defective.- Eric Shelton