The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 13, 2004, 02:36 PM   #1
kidcoltoutlaw

cold weather hunting coveralls ?

Are carhart's any good ? They need to be real tuff where i hunt or they will get ripped right off of your back . I take a blood thinner so im a wuss when it comes to cold weather. I might even take my black cat heater with me . What brand coveralls do you use that last a long time and keep you warm thanks,keith
Old October 13, 2004, 09:13 PM   #2
User Name

Carhart makes a very good product. A little pricey, but sturdy and warm.
I don't get cold easily so what I wear won't help you much (being in the south it don't get real cold for long anyway) but I do wear carhart coveralls to work outside in the winter. If your looking at going that route, might I suggest buying the bib overalls with the acompaning jacket. It actualy ends up giving you a little extra in the chest because of the bib. but the jacket can be worn at other times with out the overalls and on those days where it's cold as the dickens in the morning yet warms up mid-day, or during a long deer dragging session when you start getting hot you can always take the jacket off. Hope that helps your decision some..
"Whenever Governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins. This was actually done by Great Britain at the commencement of the late revolution."
Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts - 1789

GUN CONTROL....IT'S NOT A NEW IDEA......JUST A BAD ONE!
Old October 15, 2004, 01:21 PM   #3

Carhartt arctic coveralls should do the trick for you. Or a pair of arctic bibs and an arctic jacket. The arctic ones have a black lining.
Old October 23, 2004, 01:18 AM   #4
V-fib

Carharts are a great choice. However “bloodthinners” like coumadin and heparin don’t thin the blood. Your blood is as thick as any one else’s. These types of drugs are anticoagulants, which means that they interfere with your bloods ability to clot. I’ve had good results with the footwarmers that you can put in your boots. If your feet are warm the rest of you is warm. However if you’re also a diabetic I would check with your DR. first before using the footwarmers.
Old October 23, 2004, 05:46 AM   #5
kidcoltoutlaw

your right but

my spelling sucks so i just call it a thinner. call it what you want you bleed easy and stay cold thanks,keith