The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old May 18, 2011, 12:28 PM   #26
8shot357

Quote:
8shot357

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long story short, I made it back driving his old 1981 Mercedes turbo diesel with 358,000 miles back to Vegas with an unused Greyhound ticket from Compton, CA (LA?). I thought he said San Fran, but it turned out to be LA.

I'm mad, because I left some freshly made tortilla's at the Hotel. The only thing that I was concerned with after he finished his first six pack at the Motel was, he wanted to walk to the liquor store for some more beer late at night on Long Beach wearing a Polo shirt with his nice Air Force hair cut. I loved the bullet proof cashier cage, nice visual effect. At least I remembered ice this time, I hate warm Bourbon.

PS: Hookers on just about every corner, even some in the morning (8am) rain driving him to LAX to be shipped out to Guam. Still never been on a Greyhound yet.

PS, PS: I brought a shank, a 3" shank, a #2 screw driver. Honest!
Attached Images Gun Compensator Hi point 002.jpg (147.7 KB, 9 views)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by 8shot357; Today at 12:57 AM. Reason: Without a gun, all by my self.

8shot357
View Public Profile
Send a private message to 8shot357
Find More Posts by 8shot357
Add 8shot357 to Your Contacts

Today, 04:00 AM #23
BlueTrain

Posts: 3,408 Travel at night, avoid major highways, don't stay in the same place twice.
Buy War Bonds.

BlueTrain
View Public Profile
Send a private message to BlueTrain
Send email to BlueTrain
Find More Posts by BlueTrain
Add BlueTrain to Your Contacts

Today, 06:50 AM #24
gearhounds

Posts: 284 Make sure not to call and tell your mom where you are; that way the terminator will have a harder time finding you.

gearhounds
View Public Profile
Send a private message to gearhounds
Find More Posts by gearhounds
Add gearhounds to Your Contacts

Today, 07:37 AM #25
bigbaby

Posts: 40 Just stay home with your twelve gauge or machine gun or whatever it is that gives you that secure feeling. You will be bored , but well protected.

Last edited by bigbaby; Today at 10:11 AM.
Travel at night! I do that when I drive across the country, but not a 250 stint. Boring!

Try a 2000+ on a motorcycle. No biggy, but it was on short notice, almost minute's before I left.

Anyway, I obviously couldn't carry my gun, but I carried a shank (screw driver)
Old May 18, 2011, 02:40 PM   #27
markj

Quote:
Enjoy the ride? Man I take it you've never taken the Greyhound from LA to Vegas.
Just like Hunter Thompson in fear and loathing in las vegas, a good read. I was the hitch hiker they scered off not really.....
Old May 20, 2011, 02:28 PM   #28
Bubba in c.a.

I used to live in Compton!

It is south of, and worse than, Los angeles!
Glad you made it. In wienie states you are much limited to a walking stick or some other improvised weapon. Write no the state tourist agency and tell them you are never coming back until they change their laws--and then spend your tourist dollars elsewhere.