The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 4, 2017, 11:59 AM   #1
lawndoctor1

Taurus Spectrum 380acp?

When will this little pistol be available to buy?
Old February 4, 2017, 01:11 PM   #2
DanPop

Hopefully never, I have a Taurus PT111 and love it but the Spectrum.... not for me.
S&W Bodyguard 380 Ruger LCP 380
Old February 6, 2017, 10:34 AM   #3
franco45

Quote:
Hopefully never, I have a Taurus PT111 and love it but the Spectrum.... not for me.
There you go. Danpop doesn't like it so they might as well not produce it. lol
Old February 6, 2017, 05:17 PM   #4
glove

I had the Taurus PT-111 glad they made the PT-111G2 a much better pistol.
anyway.
Old February 6, 2017, 05:39 PM   #5
BigMikey76

I was interested, but then I saw some of the YouTube footage from shot show. The ones they had there had some distinct flaws in the finish - machine marks, visible seams in the metal, etc. If that is what they are putting on display, what are the production models going to look like?
Old February 6, 2017, 06:05 PM   #6
wizzamen

Some of the colors of the Spectrum are not for me, but I can see them selling well. I like the looks of the one with the black slide and gray frame.

Some of us that have been around the firearm industry a long time know that Taurus has earned it's bad reputation over the years. It seemed like for a long time, Taurus kept pumping out new models at a record pace and quality suffered. I have notice Taurus has slowed down recently on the number of new models being offered, hopefully this means they are focusing on the quality of their products.

I hope Taurus has really turned things around, the PT 111 G2 seems like they are heading in the right direction.
Old February 7, 2017, 05:42 PM   #7
osbornk

I think they will do well. I really like the looks and the explanation of how it operates. I would love to have one but I think my TCP will last far longer than I will so I won't be in the market for one.
Old February 9, 2017, 11:00 PM   #8
Cheapshooter

Kinda like it. At first in the videos it looked big, more like an LC9. But by the specs it's only slightly bigger than an LCP. Now, the problem, the color I would want will probably be the hardest to find....Black!
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old February 9, 2017, 11:24 PM   #9
deerslayer303

Thanks for posting, this is the first I've heard of the Spectrum. I had to bounce over to the tube and check it out. I kinda like it. To me it looks like it would be comfortable in the hand. Could be a replacement for my trusty TCP, which I like the little bugger but I would like to shoot it MORE. The noisy cricket just isn't one you get much near or past a box on range day. Well at least I don't. The webbing of my hand takes a beating by it. I have been thinking of picking up the LCPII but the ergos of it isn't much better in my hand. The LCPII trigger is a sweet one though. I think I'll wait till I can put a Spectrum in my hand before I make a move from my TCP. And HEY, I don't have a colorful handgun yet.