The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old January 8, 2021, 09:41 PM   #1
Deltadart

Jacks Reloading Supply

Does anyone have any experience with this online shooting supply?
Old January 9, 2021, 04:38 PM   #2
Ifishsum

I do not but there was a discussion on THR about them fairly recently. They may be legit but there does seem to be many red flags there.
Old January 9, 2021, 05:51 PM   #3
ghbucky

Just looked them up and completed an 'order'.

Primers, I was waiting to get to the payment page to see how it was handled, and at checkout it said I am to pay via debit card on Google pay.

right.....

edit:

Here is what is in my email receipt:

Pay By Debit Card Using Google Pay
ALERT PLEASE FOLLOW OUR PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS AT jacksreloadingsupply.com/payments TO PAY FOR YOUR ORDER
Old January 9, 2021, 07:40 PM   #4
Hellgate

According to their story it looks like they buy from other suppliers (retail?) as soon as product comes in they buy it from them and mark it up to sell themselves. Everything they have is about 10 bucks higher than what I am used to seeing from MidSouth/Natchez, etc.: many Hodgdon powders $40+, Some primers $50+, BR4 primers $60/1000. I did not bother to fake an order so I do not know if their prices include shipping and hazmat. They seem to only carry Berger and Hornady bullets at this time with quite a few varieties not shown. I'm assuming they only display what is in stock.
SASS#3302 (Life), SASS Regulator, NRA (Life), Dirty Gamey Bastards #129
Wolverton Mtn. Peacekeepers (WA), former Orygun Cowboy (Ranger, Posse from Hell)
Old January 10, 2021, 03:42 PM   #5
ghbucky

Quote:
I'm assuming they only display what is in stock.
I'm assuming since they only accept Google pay via debit card that they have nothing in stock and are in fact a scam to steal your money.
Old January 10, 2021, 04:22 PM   #6
Ifishsum

With primers selling well north of $100/brick on GB and local trading sites I find it highly unlikely they have them in stock selling them for $50-60/brick. Webroot also returns a security warning for their page. Along with the limited payment options and other weirdness, way too much nah for me.
Old January 10, 2021, 06:35 PM   #7
ghbucky

And just to punch in that this is a scam and to be avoided at all costs:

They just let me put 999,000 CCI small pistol primers in my cart.
Old February 7, 2021, 05:55 PM   #8
dyl

SCAM

Jack's reloading is a scam. Please avoid! On a chat app called MeWe, they used to have individuals sign up with new accounts just to drop in and say "I've ordered from Jack's reloading and it went fine" Then of course those accounts would get deleted or reported, and they'd pop up with brand new accounts just to say the same thing. On a chat app, they'd have no postings, no chats, nothing on a profile page, they just stopped by the tell everyone?

Also, if I remember, their Hazmat fee was calculated by a 10% or 15% of what's in your shopping cart. Yeah. That's not how Hazmat fees work. That seems like shoddy programming that was taken from something like a tip calculator.
Old February 12, 2021, 06:50 PM   #9
fan_of_flux

I have a friend that lost over $300 on the this scam. Jack's has been the talk on several forums on FB and MeWe...avoid at all costs.
Old March 23, 2021, 10:15 AM   #10
Debb

Do NOT order from them

I lost over $350 with them. There is no more website or email address. They are scammers & thieves. I paid thru Google Pay using my bank card. Wells Fargo tried to resolve but Google Pay would not.