The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Closed Thread

Old March 1, 2020, 06:15 PM   #1
SGW Gunsmith

Where's The Rimfire Pistol Forum?

This site is lacking one of the most formidable, basic, learning, firearm calibers that most of us have had as an "Encounter of The Third Kind", .22 rimfire.

I got my very first rimfire rifle, Winchester Model 67, when I was 10 years old. When I was 12, I was issued a Remington Model 513T CMP rifle and shot on a VFW rifle team at the local amory. At that time, I begged and promised I'd pick up all the dog poop in our yard and even the neighbors if Santa would drop off a Remington Nylon 66 on Christmas. There was a "massive" open pit dump full of 'rogue' dump rats that needed to be reconciled for their existence.
I've been working with and on Ruger Mark pistols for 50 years now, so I've been to the circus and have actually seen the elephants perform. There isn't much that I have seen that will not fix or enhance these Ruger Mark pistols. My notes are extensive, and go beyond what Ruger does when they get a Ruger Mark pistol returned for whatever reason. At Ruger, they only swap parts until the pistol meets their limited standards. I'm not happy with that.
Old March 1, 2020, 06:27 PM   #2
dgludwig

Quote:
At Ruger, they only swap parts until the pistol meets their limited standards.
At least they usually fix their firearms for free.

Like millions of other kids in America, I too opened a long package one Christmas morning in 1957 to find the best gift I've ever received-a Winchester Model 67, .22 rifle! I was 14 years old at the time. A couple of years ago, my oldest grandson unwrapped the same rifle for Christmas-I think his smile was almost as big as mine was.
Old March 1, 2020, 06:51 PM   #3
smee78

A rimfire section would be nice, there are a lot of 22's out there.
Old March 1, 2020, 07:23 PM   #4
jetinteriorguy

No company out there fixes their poor product for free. The cost of the warranty repairs is ammortized into the price of the product. No free hugs.
Old March 1, 2020, 07:59 PM   #5
Cheapshooter

Quote:
Where's The Rimfire Pistol Forum?
Not here, but there.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old March 2, 2020, 12:23 AM   #6
Spats McGee
Staff

The topic at hand is really one of site content, so I'll move this to the appropriate place.

It's also a topic that has been discussed and declined before. .22s also fit in to the forums already in place here: Semi-auto pistol, semi-auto rifle, revolver, etc.
Old March 2, 2020, 12:29 AM   #7
Mal H
Staff

... and with that, we'll close this one.
Closed Thread