The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old July 26, 2021, 12:23 PM   #176
MarkCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart B. View Post
I'm referring to 40-shot prone records at 100 yards.
Hmm, make a statement, proven false again, and then narrow it down to claim it is only 1 of about 100 records. Surely you can comprehend the fallacy of your argument and statements.
Old July 26, 2021, 05:32 PM   #177
hounddawg

Quote:
A rimfire shooters hack...Tumble your bullets, by hand, in walnut media to get all the lube off. Then use dry compressed air to make sure there is no dust.

Every 10th bullet, lubricate with a drop of Rem oil. I don't shoot those into groups since they will be flyers.

Eliminates the need to sort and maintains a more consistent weight and rifling engagement. In most of my rimfires, it keeps them cleaner and more accurate.

Also, if every rimfire shooter did this, the only proper use for RemOil would become common knowledge.

interesting, I am going to have to try this. I don't have any walnut media but rubbing alcohol is a great degreaser/dewaxer
Old July 26, 2021, 05:52 PM   #178
MarkCO

hounddawg, I don't know why rubbing alcohol would not work just as well, wiping of course, not soaking in it.
Old July 26, 2021, 06:55 PM   #179
kymasabe

I got my rifleman patch at an Appleseed shoot, my skills are good enough .
Old July 27, 2021, 09:10 AM   #180
Bart B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkCO View Post
Hmm, make a statement, proven false again, and then narrow it down to claim it is only 1 of about 100 records. Surely you can comprehend the fallacy of your argument and statements.
Some people cannot comprehend the fact that some competitive shooting sports are based on how often bullets touch different size scoring rings revealing their marksmanship skills....without artificial support.

Nor do they understand why the quality of their arms and ammo effects the scores they shoot.

Top classified competitive shooters can call all shots inside a quarter MOA circle on target. Add that to the biggest groups the ammo shoots on target. The answer is the group size on paper.

Last edited by Bart B.; July 27, 2021 at 09:42 AM.
Old July 27, 2021, 09:35 AM   #181
Mal H
Staff

Come on guys! Don't make me have to start wholesale deleting posts in this thread.

You have completely changed this thread from the contest thread it started out as.

From this point on if the back-and-forth continues between two members, and you know who you are, there will be consequences.

Now - back to the contest, and talk only about that.