The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old April 12, 2013, 10:28 AM   #1
Buckdown

posting classified adds

lil Help please I cant post a new tread on the Classifieds
Old April 12, 2013, 10:33 AM   #2
Spats McGee
Staff

You have to have been a member for 30 days, with 25 meaningful posts. It looks like you joined about 4 days ago, so that's the problem.
Old April 12, 2013, 10:40 AM   #3
Buckdown

thanks for the info
Old April 12, 2013, 09:37 PM   #4
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Be advised, once you're able to post, the Gun Show is intended for casual use, not a storefront...

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old January 6, 2021, 02:00 AM   #5
Panamaszr12

I’ve been a member for over a year, and in the past year. Sincr then I have gone threw a triple low back fusion, and just last week a total hip replacement. I want to get back into shooting and yes am looking to purchase a new rifle so I can get back into shooting. No I’m not looking for sympathy but it would be great if there was a way to have some lead way for someone in my situation to get a break to post wtb a rifle.
Old January 6, 2021, 03:45 AM   #6
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panamaszr12
I’ve been a member for over a year, and in the past year. Sincr then I have gone threw a triple low back fusion, and just last week a total hip replacement. I want to get back into shooting and yes am looking to purchase a new rifle so I can get back into shooting. No I’m not looking for sympathy but it would be great if there was a way to have some lead way for someone in my situation to get a break to post wtb a rifle.
I had a hip replaced a little over a year ago. Before the operation the surgeon assured me that I'd be back to 100% within about six weeks. By six weeks I was barely able to hobble around the house with a walker. At my 8-week post-op appointment he then claimed he had said six months, not six weeks. (He said six weeks. I had it n writing.)

Six weeks or six months didn't matter, because by six months post-op I still wasn't anywhere near 100%. I was walking and driving, but I needed a cane. It took me about a year to get back to anything approaching normal.

So don't be is a rush to buy a rifle. If you haven't been paying attention, firearms are in short supply right now and prices are astronomical, so it's a bad time to buy even if you're healthy and could shoot tomorrow. Considering that you have some recuperation time, I would suggest that you spend some of that time participating on this site so the classifieds will open up for you.

Your profile says you joined up in October of 2015, so you have been a member for over five years -- and you never posted until January 6 of 2021? Why not? Irrespective of the reason, you now have some time on your hands while you heal, so put it to good use.
Jeepaholic