The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old July 2, 2020, 07:59 AM   #1
Double K

Adding sections

I suspect that there are quite a few people who bailed out of shootersforum when they changed the format, I'm seeing names I recognize. I like this forum but it lacks some of the sub-forums they had over there that really added to the experience. Any chance this forum could expand a little?
Old July 2, 2020, 08:48 AM   #2
Mal H
Staff

My quick response is - probably not. But out of curiosity, what sub-forum do you feel is missing here.
Old July 2, 2020, 08:50 AM   #3
Double K

Rimfire and airguns would be the two I would like to see, thanks for the quick response.
Old July 2, 2020, 08:52 AM   #4
Double K

There was also a section called "my neck of the woods " where posters would put pictures of where they hunted, it was interesting and very active.
Old July 2, 2020, 11:00 AM   #5
Mal H
Staff

The rimfire forum question comes up fairly regularly each year. We prefer to base the forums on firearm type instead of ammo type. If there was a rimfire forum, it would have to be broken down into pistols, revolvers, and rifles since each of those have their own peculiarities. As it stands now, any and all rimfire discussions fit well in the existing forums. I don't see them lacking in visibility or responses.

From the beginning, TFL has been focused on firearms which an airgun is not. Even so, there have been numerous threads on airguns, and they don't get deleted unless for a reason any other thread would get deleted. I did a quick search for airguns in the rifle forums and found a bunch of pages (35) full of airgun threads. Nearly all of them had multiple pages of replies. So, again, they are not being ignored by the interested members.

As for the picture thread in hunting, that could be done as a single ongoing thread in "The Hunt" forum. It would be similar to the "club" type of threads we have in several other forums (handguns, etc.).
Old July 2, 2020, 11:39 AM   #6
Double K

No worries!