The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old May 19, 2001, 09:51 PM   #1
Sprint Sucks

Question for those who have purchased a Benelli M1 (Super90): Did yours come with the 2-round extension tube included as the Benelli Web site suggests or did you have to purchase it seperately?
Old May 19, 2001, 11:08 PM   #2
GGGLOCK

My postban M1S90 came with the two round extension tube. All the ones that I have seen at gun shops and gun shows come with the two round extension tube.
Old May 22, 2001, 11:36 AM   #3
jthuang

Mine actually came from the factory with the 4 round extension tube installed but that was back when HK was the importer for the M1S90T. All the current ones I've seen have the 2 round tube included.

Justin
Old May 22, 2001, 05:09 PM   #4
Paochow

I haven't verified it but, I was talking to a dealer the other day, who told me that Benelli was (had?) changing the threading on the magazine tube so that the four round extension couldn't be installed on the new models.
Old May 22, 2001, 09:01 PM   #5
Sprint Sucks

Hmmmm.
Now I'm starting to wonder if I got ripped off.
I posted this question because I didn't get the 2 round extension with my purchase as the Benelli web site implies.
To quote the site:

"M1 tactical: based on the M1 field, but with integral sling swivels, conventional grip or pistol grip stock, 18.5" barrel with improved cylinder, modified or full choke tubes. Comes with 2 shot magazine extension."

I think I'm going to return the gun tommorow and buy it from another dealer who will supply me with all the included parts!
Old May 22, 2001, 09:09 PM   #6
Sprint Sucks

By the way, I appreciate everyone's input with this question. I have emailed Benelli with the same inquiry but they have failed to respond....

Old May 23, 2001, 07:55 PM   #7
Sprint Sucks

They responded to my second email.
Yes, it should be included.
Hope that clears it up.