The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old June 25, 2006, 02:02 PM   #1
torque

chl question

My chl expires the 15th of next month, and everyday for the last 2 months I've been trying to call the Arkansas state police to get my address changed before I renew it. Every day I call and get no one for the chl department. what do I do? Do I go ahead and renew with my old address (grandmother's house) or wait untill I get somebody to change the address, but there may not be enough time to do that. If I use my old address I can change it later. because I still get mail at her house. I'm just wondering if the place I renew it will let me use the old address or they will change it for me when I renew.
Old June 26, 2006, 08:22 AM   #2
torque

thanks for the help guys.

I finally got ahold of the person at ASP had to catch her at 8am when she walked into her office. she told me that all I need to do is go renew and the people that renew it for me can change the address when I renew. They'll just put my new address on the form instead of the one I have on the license now. so, I've got to hit the range every day now to get some practice. I haven't shot my pistol in about a year, I need all the practice I can get.
wish me luck.
Old June 26, 2006, 01:11 PM   #3
dawg23

Posted by Torque: .......so, I've got to hit the range every day now to get some practice. I haven't shot my pistol in about a year, I need all the practice I can get.wish me luck.

I sincerely hope that you haven't been carrying your pistol (permit or no permit). You (and I and everyone else) have a moral and ethical responsibility to be proficient with your weapon, to avoid endangering innocent people, if you're gonna carry it in public
Old June 26, 2006, 04:20 PM   #4
exar

Ahhh yes...the ol' renewal. A problem I no longer have in the great free state of Indiana. Lifetime permit, baby.
Old June 29, 2006, 10:17 PM   #5
torque

Quote:
I sincerely hope that you haven't been carrying your pistol (permit or no permit). You (and I and everyone else) have a moral and ethical responsibility to be proficient with your weapon, to avoid endangering innocent people, if you're gonna carry it in public
No I wasn't serious.

At 21 feet, 20 rounds all were in the black shaded area of the target, but I ran into another problem, the people who I took the test from is out of town until 3 days after my license expires. luckly I ran across a guy that gives the tests and he told me he would let me do my qualifiying with him. He's cheaper than the other folks also. $10>$35. So I go tomorrow to finally renew my license. The bad part about it is for the last four years since I've gotten my license, I have not carried it on my side not once, only in my vehicle. I need to get used to carrying it.
Old March 12, 2009, 09:49 PM   #6
wmcgalrd

CHL Class

Just google "Warren CHL" he is an active law enforcement officer and I have heard several people liked his class.