The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 20, 2018, 05:03 AM   #1
jetinteriorguy

Shout out for Vortex

Just wanted to give Vortex some credit for amazing service. I bought an upper from Palmetto State Armory about eight years ago and it came with a Strike Fire red dot. After a couple years or so it started having problems. The red dot worked only once in a while, and after about 20 rounds or so the dot started changing to an hourglass shape every time I'd go shooting. I removed it and set it aside and forgot about it for a number of years until I was reorganizing my loading room a couple of weeks ago. I contacted them about it, sent it in and they determined it was damaged. But since it's no longer available and can't be repaired, they replaced it with the newer model and returned it to me. This all happened in less than two weeks, not months. I am absolutely amazed by this level of service and will be adding more of their products in the future.
Old August 20, 2018, 07:30 AM   #2
TJB101

Good to hear that ... just bought a scout scope for my Henry. I also ended up getting a torque screw driver since they really emphasized 18 lb torque on the rings.