The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old September 13, 2018, 11:33 PM   #1
Bill Daniel

Shout out to Henry

Just wanted to praise Henry Rifle and their guarantee. My H010 45-70 was not feeding rounds from the magazine tube. The following round would protrude and block the carrier. I texted Henry and they sent me a shipping sticker. The turn around was two weeks and I received it back today. New barrel, magazine tube, lever and iron sights with upgraded parts. Feeds everything like silk. No charge. Could not be more pleased!
All the best,
Bill

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready." Theodore Roosevelt 1903
Old September 14, 2018, 03:08 AM   #2
jstanfield103

Congratulations on the turn around time. I have my Goldenboy returning from Henry today (9-14-2018) took 4 days less than a month. But it did also require a barrel replacement. Be glad to get her back.
Old September 14, 2018, 05:11 AM   #3
TJB101

Henry is one of the best.
Old September 16, 2018, 01:24 PM   #4
Omaha-BeenGlockin

I wasn't too impressed with Henry when they first came out but it seems they have upped their game recently---and have been looking into one of the little .22's they offer.
-------Metallica
Old September 19, 2018, 05:18 AM   #5
223 shooter

I had to send my 357 Big Boy Silver back for copper fouling and a loading tube that was extremely difficult to unlock. They replaced the barrel and loading tube lock down.

They also honored my request to exchange my standard lever for a large loop. Also polished out a scratch on the receiver I had caused in the safe without me mentioning it. A less than two week turn around - great customer service!

Unfortunately the barrel still copper fouls although not as badly as the original.
Old September 19, 2018, 09:53 PM   #6
ifithitu

You can go wrong with a Henry,just my opinion.
Old September 22, 2018, 08:39 AM   #7
LineStretcher

I think a lot of barrels get coppered but people don't realize it. They get most of the carbon out but never get the copper. It begins to form carbon on copper layers that can't be removed with a normal cleaning. I just did a 1960 Weatherby .257 Mag and it took the better part of 4 days before I was satisfied. The barrel is like new now and not shot out at all.
Old September 22, 2018, 06:36 PM   #8
txray22

Has anyone shot the Henry .45colt? I see Wally World has 255gr lead RN ammo. I was wondering about leading. Anyone have this rifle?