The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 17, 2018, 02:21 PM   #1
Poconolg

Bullet Works Plated Bullets

Does anyone have any experience using bullets from a company called Bulletworks? The price seems good but I was wondering if anyone has used them. I currently use X-treme handgun bullets but the price has gone up and free shipping has gone away.
Old June 17, 2018, 06:12 PM   #2
Tsquared

There are at least two different companies called Bulletworks. One is cast lead only at bulletworks.com in Breckenridge Texas. The other sells cast plated and jacketed at TheBulletWorks.com out of Arkansas.

I have used the cast lead from Texas when I had my 357. I had no problems with their cast lead.
Old June 17, 2018, 06:36 PM   #3
Seamaster

I've used Bulletworks with no problems, variety of 9's, 40's and 45's over the years. This is the outfit located in Arkansas.
Old June 18, 2018, 06:59 AM   #4
TJB101

Never tried them ... I always look at Northeast Reloading, Sages, or Everglades for plated bullets ... price is good and typically you can bulk prices that includes shipping. I was running low on plated 9mm 124’s and bought 500 from Everglades for $42 with free shipping this weekend.
Old June 18, 2018, 08:32 AM   #5
kmw1954

I have The Bullet Works saved in fav's but haven't used then as of yet. The one thing I notice on their site is that most of the times things are unavailable because they are out of stock.

I have been shooting either X-treme or Barry's and have been buying then at either Cabela's or Bass Pro Shops when on sale and the sales were running pretty consistently. Though it's been a few months now since they've had one.