The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old July 11, 2006, 04:40 PM   #1
georgiaboy56

hogs

I could use some help. I would like to take my two boys hog hunting at the end of the summer. thats the only time they are home from collage, can anyone recomend a place somewhere in north georgia that wont cost an arm and a leg. collage aint cheap Thanks GH
Old July 15, 2006, 01:07 AM   #2
R.D.Wheeler

I went to Stone Ranch a few years back. Randy Stone, Johnsonville SC. Had a good time. Some Russian boar and some feral. We all used dogs and knives. He was running a special 150 per day up to 150 lbs then a dollar a pound.
Loads of fun. Saw some nice hogs, I got a feral that weighed about 100 pounds. My brother-in-law got a Russian about the same size. Dogs don't discriminate about size or breed but we could pass on one if we wanted. It is fenced but that is just to keep the fallow deer from getting out. Those hogs would hit that chain link low and wide open and never slow down. Most fun Iv'e ever had on a pay hunt. Been thinking about going back.
RDW

Think ya used enough dynamite there, Butch?