The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

View Poll Results: Music while shooting?
yes 24 29.27%
no 58 70.73%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 26, 2006, 12:01 AM   #26
Hedley

Hey Timbo, what's classic about it is that I've only shot blackpowder and a K-31 to Slayer. It was my own personal joke all day to be listening to metal while methodically and slowly reloading my Kentucky kit rifle. I think the urge to spray lead with anything high cap would be too great. That's why the AK shoots to the sounds of Opera.
Old September 26, 2006, 07:28 PM   #27
Maser

Cool!! I thought I was the only one who did that. I wouldn't want to try that at a public range because the members there most likely wouldn't like my genre of music. I love pretty much all rap except for eminem. My favorite is latino rap. The beat is very calming. There's times where the bass actually seems louder than muzzle reports.
Old September 26, 2006, 11:05 PM   #28
TimboKhan

The new Lamb of God album is fantastic, despite what finicky teens say about them "selling out"....
Old September 27, 2006, 06:36 AM   #29
Epyon

Well...

When shooting for practicality no music, however if I'm on the range with friends and we have watermelons, and TV we wanna eradicate, we'll kick in some Dimmu Borgir, Rammstein, and Nine Inch Nails.

\m/\m/ METAL ALL THE WAY \m/\m/

Epyon
Vote Epyon for president in 2008, if you vote for Epyon all of your wildest dreams will come true: This campaign was brought to you by Epyon; funded in part by the Pizza Party, Surprise Party, Birthday Party, and Slumber Party.
Old September 27, 2006, 10:05 PM   #30
Tayta_Mayne

I chose yes because when my buddy used to live rite outside of city limits we used to go outback of his house and shoot all the time. Well nine times out of ten we would pull the truck around back and play some music, unless we were working on tactics.
Old September 30, 2006, 02:39 PM   #31
virus77

I gotta say ive never tried this but some metalica or system of a down would be nice under the ear muffs... I think im gonna have to give this a shot... pun intended
Old September 30, 2006, 03:00 PM   #32
kozak6

We don't generally shoot to music.

Although, one time when we went shooting with a family friend, he insisted on blasting some sort of bizarre Hawaiian music. That was ...interesting, to say the least.

If I was going to shoot to music, it would probably be soundtrack music. If we are shooting the older stuff, it would simply have to be the soundtrack to "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" or something from the other Westerns.

If we would be shooting the newer stuff, something like one of the Matrix soundtracks would be about right.

Or maybe AC/DC .
Old September 30, 2006, 05:46 PM   #33
UniversalFrost

Quote:
I-pod at the range.hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Might have to try that.
Just did it for the first time and it was fun. Actually helped me relax when looking down the scope. Mainly listened to old country music, but cranked up the coal chamber, and korn when doing CQB drills with the m4. Great idea.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Old October 1, 2006, 09:02 PM   #34
gfen

I'd thought about in the past, but never bothered to.

I did today.

It was kinda fun, but I had alot of issues with the ear buds falling out under the 'muffs when pressed to the stock, but none the less, it was fun.
Old October 2, 2006, 12:29 AM   #35
JJB2

i don't listen to music while shooting but i DO listen to it while on here1 right now my headphones are on and i got the best of van halen goin.. they were the first big name band i ever saw on stage and i love em as much now as i did in "77" i do listen to tunes while reloading too sometimes....

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO LISTEN TO COUNTRY WESTERN MUSIC!!!!!
Old October 2, 2006, 09:31 AM   #36
Rangefinder

Depends on what I'm doing or shooting. Ozzy, Van Halen, and the like is great for my clay-busting average. Handguns are more of a Dire Straights or Pink Floyd atmosphere. Keeping shot rythym with 'Money' from Dark Side of the Moon is fun. The long range requires something a little different though--Bach is good, Mozart works--my favorite is "O' Fortuna" from Carmina Burana. Just no Beethoven---can't do anything to Beethoven, he's way too distracting. Drain STH is my soundtrack for the reloading bench, always.

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Politicians.
Old October 3, 2006, 01:56 PM   #37
tydephan

Absolutely. I would hesitate if I didn't have my own range just because I feel it is a bit of a safety hazzard for other shooters (i.e. if i can't hear my surroundings.) When I'm the only one around, I like to listen.

I love heavy metal when I'm shooting. Especially after a hard day at work. Really helps channel the energy and increases my focus, if you can believe that.

Chevelle has been my latest obsession. Although I'm all about Metallica, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, and Pink Floyd (I like old school).

Oh, and it doesn't get much better than Led Zeppelin.

I've listened to everything while shooting though. From Beethoven to Chingy to Hank Sr. I just prefer metal.
Old October 7, 2006, 08:33 AM   #38
Beretta92

I too am Old School, Go Figure I'm Only 40
I go with Heavy Metal of my ara AC/DC Sabbath OZZY Floyd Zepplin Ted Nugent Metalica Van Halen Hendrix, Head Bangers Music..
Also check out Savatage, There band evolved into the Transiberian Orchestra, there's some sweet Guitar work in thier work, Try Edge of Thorns..
I have played Guitar for over 28 years now & still believe Randy Rhoades from Early OZZY solo ara to be one of the Greatest Guitarists of All Times.. God Rest His Soul!!

Packin Up the Range bag
Looks like 38spl 9mm 22lr & 12ga today!!
With a sideorder of OZZY Osbournes Tribute Album
OH YEAH!! TARGETS BEWARE!!