The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 19, 1999, 10:00 PM   #1
Bennett Richards

I was just at the DelMar Gun show and saw the work of a gunsmith named Dan Branson from Tactical Weaponry and Refinishing...
GREAT work. Will do my entire 870 Marine magnum in a black or Olive Drab Teflon or Moly for $145.00. His work is fantastic. Saw a guy that had just picked his 870 up. Looked SUPER. He does porting and forcing cone work too. Lead time only 2-3 weeks. I had talked to a numbe of guys that had been VERY satidfied with his work... but this time I saw it myself. GREAT work.
His number is (909) 696-2550

A real craftsman.

Ben
Old December 20, 1999, 11:52 AM   #2
TheOtherMikey

These heat-set polymer finishes are gaining in popularity. I had my stainless Savage bolt action polycoated in black matte and it came out beautiful. I also had my Colt 1911 finished in a black light gloss polymer and it gets a lot of positive comments at the range. The polymers provide a superior coating for rust protection and are more scratch-proof than traditional bluing.
Regards, Mikey
Old December 20, 1999, 06:17 PM   #3
oberkommando

Thanks BENNETT, I just called him today and will make appointment to see some of his work in about a week. Does he do camo or just solid colors? [ doesnt really mattter] just curious. I have about 5 guns I would like to have done.

Thanks again, really easy with him having same area code.

See ya later.
Old December 20, 1999, 08:07 PM   #4
Bennett Richards

You will love his work! VERY good attention to detail. I will have him do my MM as soon as I have the dough.

Ben
Old December 21, 1999, 04:33 AM   #5
Kevlarman

Hmm... (909)? Isn't that Riverside/San Bernadino area? Sounds nice, maybe I'll stop by too!
Old December 22, 1999, 03:37 AM   #6
oberkommando

Kev, yeah that is riverside san bernardiono county actully in Murietta/ Temecula. 15 south Winchester exit.
Old December 22, 1999, 10:18 AM   #7
Bennett Richards

Guys,

Maybe we should all meet there after Christmas sometime? have a beer and check out the shotguns?

Ben