The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old September 26, 2001, 06:40 PM   #1
Hotboy

How do I save threads?

I'd like to save the content from selected threads so that I can refer to them in the future. I've tried dragging, copying, and pasting, but I get a bunch of extra table cells, stacks of graphic objects, metatext, etc. so that I can't really use what I've copied.

Is there a "save" feature somewhere I can take advantage of?

Thanks,
Hotboy
Old September 26, 2001, 06:53 PM   #2
Mal H
Staff

I haven't tried this, but you might email it to yourself. Then it should be in plain text, possibly with some imbedded links. Also that would be a good vehicle to do the saving for you instead of having to copy/paste it anywhere.

[added later]
Nah, that doesn't work. All you get is a link to this thread. I had never sent a thread to myself. I always thought it sent the text and not just a link.

Last edited by Mal H; September 26, 2001 at 08:30 PM.
Old September 26, 2001, 07:07 PM   #3
Jorah Lavin

Hotboy

I'd suggest bookmarking the thread in your Favorites folder, in a particular TFL folder. Works for me.

-J.
Old September 27, 2001, 12:54 AM   #4
Dennis
Staff Emeritus

Bookmarking (Favorites) works. Also you can create a printable version by selecting that feature - located on the left below the last post. Then you can print it and keep it on paper or save it to a disk.
Old September 27, 2001, 01:14 AM   #5
PreserveFreedom

The most simple thing to do is probably to go to the upper left corner of your screen and click"File". Then scroll down to "Save as". Depending on how your system is set to save stuff, you may or may not have graphics and you may or may not have operable links, but you will have a properly formatted table full of text.

Old September 27, 2001, 12:51 PM   #6
Hotboy

Thanks folks!