The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 13, 2013, 10:29 AM   #1
PotteryPal

M&P 9mm 17rd Mag

Hello fellow members,

Does anyone have any educated guesses on how long it will take S&W to begin resupplying their distribution network with M&P 9mm 17rd magazines?

I would like to buy a couple and it appears there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

Old January 13, 2013, 10:57 PM   #2
breakingcontact

I havent looked for that mag but have seen other S&W mags available. Locally haven't seen the wild rush on pistol mags.
Old January 14, 2013, 12:10 AM   #3
RamItOne

no clue, ordered mine in dec, no eta.

Was at a gun show early dec (pre lunacy)and there was a guy selling tons of pistol mags, he had S&W factory ones for $50, kicking myself of course for not grabbing one.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rtant/DJyvnHz0
Old January 14, 2013, 12:34 AM   #4
golfnutrlv

Everyone is sold out in my area. I happened into two at Cabelas, on sale for $29.99 right before the panic started.

The simple answer is no one knows. Well, maybe a few people at Smith and Wesson do, but they're not talking. Go to midwayusa.com, sign up for an account if you don't have one, and put them on "notify me" you will get an email when they come in. Even if you don't order from Midway, it will be a signal to start calling around your area. I have a bunch of stuff on notify me.
America is at an awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.
Old January 14, 2013, 03:58 PM   #5
southjk

I ordered some other M&P mags from S&W Dec 22nd for one gun and Jan 2nd for another and have still had no status update from them. Hopefully soon.