The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old March 12, 2011, 12:28 PM   #1
oneoldsap

Location: I live in the foot of the Green Mountains of Vermont
SM Sporter

One of my customers brought in a SM Sporter for repair . Would anyone know where I might find a parts list or disassembly instructions ? I had never seen one of these single shot .22 Pistols before .
Old March 13, 2011, 08:33 AM   #2
SDC

The original manufacturer of these pistols was Rhoner Sportwaffenfabrik, in Germany, but they went out of business in 1999; another company has bought the rights to produce these pistols, though, and you might be able to get some info from them:
SM Chemnitzer Sportwaffen- und Munitionsfabrik GmbH (Blankenauer Str. 75, D-09113 Chemnitz/Germany, Tel. +1149-371 418353
They are a pretty simple design, though, pretty similar to most of the older single-shot bolt-action 22 rifles. HTH.

Last edited by SDC; March 13, 2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old August 13, 2011, 01:56 PM   #3
FLFirearmLover77

FYI, to set the record straight about the S-M SPORTER PISTOL. No idea where SDC got that info. The gun has been written about in American Rifleman Dope Bag, 1985 Edition Gun Digest, and numerous posts on gun forums similar to this one.

Here's the ONLY ad I've ever seen for the gun. Of the FOUR serial number groups known, I have managed to obtain three of those. They had a total production of only 600 guns, offered in 1953 only.

FLFL77